A RCCL "Safe Cruise" Guarantee ??

DiviFIlus

I think RCCL did the right thing recalling the ship after the "Norovirus" incident...

In the Carnival Triumph litigation, Carnival's lawyers have argued "The contract ticket makes no express guarantee for safe passage, a seaworthy vessel, adequate and wholesome food, and sanitary and safe living conditions,". The ruling reflects the little protections afforded to passengers as currently written by many cruise ship companies. 

Really! No guarantee of a seaworthy vessel.... Shocking.

Sometimes to RCCL's (and the guests) detriment, I have always witnessed a "safety first" policy on-board during my 67 days at sea with RCCL... And although I have been pissed when my days in Labadee  are windy and I can't go on the Dragon's Breath Flightline.... I understand... These little things demonstrate this corporate mantra, as do the big decisions (bringing home Explorer early and drydocking Allure early)

I think is a place where RCCL can really "deliver the WOW" that comes with peace of mind.... They should have an express "Safe Cruise" Guarantee (acts of God excluded)...

The cruise contract guarantees very little but to Royal Caribbean's credit, they do whatever they can to deliver a darn good cruise experience

I agree that the cruise contract guarantees very little, but I think in all honesty that Royal Caribbean would do all that it could to protect the lives of its guests.

Since everyone "now" is looking at what the cruise contact does not guarantee, we must remember that this type of thing applies to many things we "buy and do". Example: when buying a new car the manufacture provides the latest in safety equipment but makes no guarantees that you will survive an automobile accident. When you fly, there's no guarantee of a "safe flight", etc. 

Got to thank the lawyers for their contribution to society there. Sat through a training class many years ago the gist of which was "never guarantee anything or state that you are certain of anything".

Essentially if you guarantee a seaworthy vessel then anything that goes wrong can be used against you because you guaranteed it even if it is completely out of your control.

So after the tugboat rammed you into the dock and you started leaking your vessel was no longer seaworthy ? But you guaranteed it so I am suing you ....