Grande Dining Room

dejagatkins

Last time we did MTD and were always had to enter via level 3 and be seated in the American Icon at the same table, same waiter. That was nice but next time we wish to be seated in the Grande Dining room at 6pm. How do I choose 6pm for the Grande? Or does RC choose your dining room when you choose the 6pm seating?

With Dynamic Dining Choice, you just go onto the Cruise Planner site and reserve your desired time.  Just like if you were making a reservation at Chops Grille or any other specialty restaurant.

With Dynamic Dining Choice, you just go onto the Cruise Planner site and reserve your desired time.  Just like if you were making a reservation at Chops Grille or any other specialty restaurant.

Yes, that part I figured out but wanted to choose the Grande Dining room level rather than be seated in the American Icon or Silk level. Is that possible?

I have never been on a Q class so I have no first-hand xperience with DD, but from what I understand, The Grande is only on one level. Deck 3, I believe. So if you book a meal at The Grande you will be on the only deck that has The Grande, and that will be Deck 3. There are no other decks for The Grande.

• 1 month later...

If you are going on the Oasis or the Allure and want a traditional fixed dining time, you select either early or late and Royal assigns you a dining room.  MTD is American Icon on Deck 3, and traditional is either Silk on 5 or Grande on 4.  You find out your assignment when you get your Sea Pass card - I suppose if you don't get Grande you could try asking to be moved once on board....