Water in Rooms

I was wondering if anyone has noticed if the water in the rooms (bathing and washing) is soft or hard water. Those folks that use a water softener at home will know what I'm referring to. Soft water, when you bath or shower in it, feels like the soap does not want to wash off - slippery skin. Hard water leaves soap curd on your skin and leaves it feeling rough. Any comments would be helpful.

Most of the water on board is desalinated salt water, or the water from the last point of call. So very much it depends upon where the ship is, how much stock water (port) and how much ship made water, and where the ship is.  The natural ocean water is a little hard average ph 7.5 to 8.6 neutral is 7.0 ph. So the water can be a little hard. Never hard any problems or issues with water on Royal. 

I haven't noticed the water being extreme to either degree. It is definitely NOT soft.

I agree exactly. The Chief Engineer on Liberty, in answer to a question at the Captain's Q&A session, said that virtually all water is made onboard from seawater, so that would indicate it's pretty consistent quality.

I haven't noticed anything in particular about the water as being too hard or too soft.  However, last I heard they tried to bring the water on rather than make it as it was more cost effective to do so.  However, with fuel prices down, it now might be cheaper to make it than to source it at the port.