Passenger change questions

tolkienfan43

QQ: Two of my adult children are staying in an inside cabin for an upcoming cruise; wife and I are in a balcony. One of my kids may not be able to go now due to taking a new job.

Questions:  

- Do I need to notify RC of him not coming (once I know prior to final payment)?

- Will Royal reprice due to only one person staying in a two person cabin, so might be better off keeping the current fare and just not have my son show up to sail 

- Could I have another person go in lieu of my son and stay in that cabin and switch reservation to the new person’s name?

Thanks in advance for the guidance  

Jeff

Yes, you can substitute a new passenger for the child that may have to cancel.

If you decide to just sail with one child in that room, I recommend that you do nothing and just allow him/her to be a “no-show”.  If you advise RCI that you are adjusting the pax count, it is possible that they would reprice at an almost certainly higher single pax rate.  A few $$ in taxes and port fees would be refunded as OBC for the no-show.

On 2/16/2020 at 12:09 PM, tolkienfan43 said:

Do I need to notify RC of him not coming (once I know prior to final payment)?

The reason to let them know is to not have to pay for him. Sometimes, this can actually result in a price change that increases fare.  It's one of those "it depends" situations where you should price it out to see what change impacts you.

On 2/16/2020 at 12:09 PM, tolkienfan43 said:

Could I have another person go in lieu of my son and stay in that cabin and switch reservation to the new person’s name?

If you swap names, this would result in no price change. It's by far the ideal situation.