Brilliance vs Indy maybe?

PRebecca

Hello master cruisers! 

We are booking a 5 night cruise for April or May out of Florida (husband awarded for being an awesome employee ? ) and was hoping for some help in narrowing down ships maybe.

We know it'll be 5 nights, and out of Florida. We've recently sailed Mariner and Navigator and have Oasis and Allure booked so I was thinking one of these 2 would be a new experience. Are there any right off the top differences you feel like mentioning to help me figure out which to look into? None of the itineraries really stuck out to me as avoid or must haves (although somewhere in that window I think I saw a Labadee and Cococay itin!). 

It's just going to be the 2 of us, we don't participate in the rock wall/flowrider type activities (nor the shows for that matter). I think we are the type that enjoy relaxing by the pool and at beaches. We're still pretty new at this and don't have any must-haves. The employer is paying for an interior room and we'll pay to upgrade to a better cabin (most likely OV balcony) and I am trying to narrow options down before getting a price from our (now MEI) agent.

Any striking differences you wish you knew before booking either of these beauts? I will do my research but thought I'd put a feeler out here as well 'cause ya'll are the bomb diggities who think of things I may not! TIA!

**EDIT- NEVERMIND a quick google search let me know what I needed to know!! I guess this is a very common topic on the old interwebs, shoulda searched first ?

Edited by PRebecca
found my answer :)

If we were still going in May it'd be Indy because we'd be in a OV Balcony at best, and smaller cabin is ok on a bigger/amp'd ship.

The responsible adult decision maker (DH) made a great point that if we wait till December work will not be as busy and we will have more time to save for/ purchase the extras and splurges so that 'quick book it now' mentality yielded to carefully thought out non impulsive behavior . He is not #TEAMYOLO yet?

I suspect it will be Brilliance in December because budget allows for a JS; he agrees to try the 'older smaller' ships if we can get into a little bigger JS cabin, thinking they will have a bigger bathroom like they do on Navigator/Mariner. This is the trip he earned from his job, his employer is rewarding him with the cruise in an interior cabin and we're choosing to pay for the upgrade. 

Now that it's not right around the corner urgent I will research cabins to see if that's an accurate guess or not. 

I did see that the Brilliance lends itself (in theory) to that old school cruising  idea along the lines of the ocean being the highlight and focal point of the ship rather than the bells and whistles the new ships have. I think we'll be absolutely thrilled on either ship and the key is to have proper expectations, so once I get the details on cabin differences I think we'll be on Brilliance in a JS instead of an OV Balcony on Indy which is what we'd have done if we were going in May.  

I'm sorry did you ask for my entire thought process? ?‍♀️

BRILLIANCE FOR THE WIN!   probably. But Indy is still on the list for one day ?