Chill Island or South Beach Bed Rental. WWYD?

Mikeb1892

Last time I was on cococay:

South Beach - had the better, uninterrupted water to horizon view, but the water was 'shallow' and you could walk out extremely far

What is now called Chill Island Area - the beach is manufactured into little inlet areas that get deep quick and are excellent for swimming, you can then also paddle out to a nice snorkling area

As I stated in a different post, your question may be irrelevant or a moot point because I'm not sure if beach beds are even available anymore on south beach:

Last night we went to book one for September 2020 and it showed as available in the planner but after booking the email confirmation stated location as "breezy bay" At chill island - NOT south beach. Calling RCI didn't help because the person had no clue if they were available on south beach and said it was a website glitch. She said it wasn't sold out but simply no longer even an option on their end.  I hope this is wrong. 

As a related question, the map looks like the new Coco Beach Club has lots of beach beds but do we know if these are shaded? The map image suggests not...

So looking at newly released videos and pictures on a variety of online sites and forums, I can now confidently state that beach beds are no longer an option on South Beach. They have been moved to Breezy Bay at Chill Island. *tear*

The closest thing to this now is the beach beds at the Coco Beach Club, of which I count about 8 so I imagine those are going to be highly competitive to get. And they don't have any shade. At least the price - for us anyway - is the same for a beach bed or the Coco Beach Club day pass ($199 for beach bed or ~$200 for my family of 3 to get into the club). Hrm...