B2B Cruises

Ok, I need some help from the experienced cruisers.  My plan is to surprise my wife with a B2B cruise, most likely an eastern and western caribbean on an Oasis class ship in a suite.  My questions:

How is a B2B booked, travel agent, RCI, or online 2 cruises?

Is there any sort of discount for B2B cruises or do you pay regular for two cruises?

Are they linked in one reservation or are they reserved under different reservation numbers?

I booked a B2B from Boston to Quebec City and back and they were two separate cruises, booked separately and charged the same for both. I did end up getting a small price drop but it wasn't hardly anything.

Good luck if you decide to do it. I will let you know on my B2B, the return cruise from Quebec City, the same food was served in the MDR and specialty restaurants as the week before, the same entertainment on the same nights on the return cruise, so I got to see the same show twice and eat the same food in the MDR on the return. I wasn't too happy about that. Taking a completely different cruise East and West Caribbean this shouldn't happen.

How is a B2B booked, travel agent, RCI, or online 2 cruises?

Is there any sort of discount for B2B cruises or do you pay regular for two cruises?

Are they linked in one reservation or are they reserved under different reservation numbers?

Two separate cruises. They just happen to be right after each other.

No discounts usually. Just two different cruises.

The only distinction is once onboard, the crew should be aware you are doing a B2B and make plans for you to have a special plan on turnaround day between the two.

Just an observation, but when we cruised last April, one of the crew intimated that if we wanted to stay on another week, it would be waaaaay cheaper.

Of course, I assume one would have to rely that there are available rooms/suites for the next leg.

Oh man, I was soooo tempted.  I so easily could have spent another week of bliss.

Just an observation, but when we cruised last April, one of the crew intimated that if we wanted to stay on another week, it would be waaaaay cheaper.

Of course, I assume one would have to rely that there are available rooms/suites for the next leg.

Oh man, I was soooo tempted.  I so easily could have spent another week of bliss.

My wife and I were joking that the Next Cruise desk should be for people (like us!) that want to take the VERY NEXT CRUISE...