Apprehensive about Dubai cruise

Of course, this is impossible to know.  I don't think it's any less safe than it has been for the past decade. We have to trust that the last thing that Royal Caribbean would want would be a ship full of passengers at risk.  The second to the last thing that Royal Caribbean would want would be to have to refund their money if they cancel the cruise so it's a matter of risk management.

On 1/9/2020 at 11:10 AM, Louise Metcalfe said:

?  hi I'm due to holiday on jewel of the seas on Monday (13th January 2020) we are a little apprehensive about the cruise as it's Dubai..... 

Just wondering your views, safe to go etc...... ? Ta. 

Whenever you travel overseas, you'll want to be vigilant and practice safe travel practices.  Your odds of getting pick-pocketed would be higher in Barcelona or Rome because you'd take those places for granted.  I think you'll have a great trip as long as you are aware of your surroundings, use the safe on the ship, keep valuables hidden and secure, etc.

• Matt changed the title to Apprehensive about Dubai cruise
19 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

Whenever you travel overseas, you'll want to vigilant and practice safe travel practices.  Your odds of getting pick-pocketed would be higher in Barcelona or Rome because you'd take those places for granted.  I think you'll have a great trip as long as you are aware of your surroundings, use the safe on the ship, keep valuables hidden and secure, etc.

Hopefully, I know what you mean, fingers crossed things are quieter!!!! At the moment.... Royal carribean say there is no safety issue so far, so I suppose I'll have to trust them!!!! ???

I wouldn't worry. The odds of something happening are so insanely small. Even compared to the plane getting shot down, that's a very different scenario and set of variables than a cruise ship getting attacked. Obviously, everyone has to do what's comfortable for them, but for me, changing plans because of a 0.0001% chance that something may happen is no way to live.