1978bucketlist

Celebrating Life Adventure of Sea 1/4/2020

We are getting ready to do a tour on Curaçao. For most part cruise has been great. Few glitches here and there. Nothing to spoil trip, after all I am on a cruise. The waiter on Chops was pushy and little M has had a few melt downs. I wouldn’t expect less from a 5 year old going to bed late every day because she loves kids club.

Back when we were cruise rookies, we once missed a tour b/c we didn't read the tickets to see where we were supposed to meet.  We thought that all tours met on the pier so off we went.  If we had read our tickets we would have seen that we were supposed to meet our tour in the theater.  Luckily, they put us with a group from a Celebrity ship that was leaving just a bit later and we were good-to-go.  Lesson learned. ALWAYS read your ticket to find out where your're meeting your tour !!

Today is our last day at sea. I’m not a very good blogger🙀. It has been a great cruise even with problems. Everyone has been very kind. Little M adores the kids club. Most of staff know her. She is a bundle of energy. I think I have all of the cruise compasses and the kids club for 3-8 years. I forgot to pick up teen and tween compasses. This was worth the 2 year wait.

6 minutes ago, 1978bucketlist said:

Sitting at airport waiting on lost luggage. We made flight to Baltimore. 2 of our bags didn’t. My daughter made her flight to DC. 2 of her bags stayed in Fort Lauderdale 😩

Ugh. Sorry to hear this.  Not a good way to end a wonderful cruise....

😢😢

That happened to us last cruise. Bags made it to PHL from MIA, we received the message that our bags were loaded on our connection. We arrived in Ithaca, along with a message that our bags didn't 😖. The only consolation was that it was much better than on the way to the ship.  I hope they are able to resolve this quickly for you

2nd bag made it on 4:05 flight. 3rd bag will come on 6:20 flight. Southwest will Fed Ex it to us tomorrow night. We couldn’t wait any longer. Fortunately most of the clothes are in 1st 2 bags. Odds and ends in last bag. Unfortunately for my daughter most of her clothes were I. Her missing suitcases. Her suitcases didn’t leave Florida. Her husband will have to go back to airport tomorrow to get them. I guess our bags didn’t want to come back to real world.

2 hours ago, 1978bucketlist said:

2nd bag made it on 4:05 flight. 3rd bag will come on 6:20 flight. Southwest will Fed Ex it to us tomorrow night. We couldn’t wait any longer. Fortunately most of the clothes are in 1st 2 bags. Odds and ends in last bag. Unfortunately for my daughter most of her clothes were I. Her missing suitcases. Her suitcases didn’t leave Florida. Her husband will have to go back to airport tomorrow to get them. I guess our bags didn’t want to come back to real world.

I've been told many times that when flying to cruise, always cross-pack clothes in case one suitcase doesn't make it.  I've never done it, but reading this I think we maybe should start. 

9 hours ago, KathyC said:

I've been told many times that when flying to cruise, always cross-pack clothes in case one suitcase doesn't make it.  I've never done it, but reading this I think we maybe should start. 

Sounds like it would also be a good practice for the flight home, especially if it was a longer sailing and everyone packed most of what they already own in terms of socks, undergarments, daily-wear shirts/pants, etc.

On 1/11/2020 at 9:29 AM, 1978bucketlist said:

I’m not a very good blogger

Yeah I can't do a "day of" blog either. No idea how Matt manages it. So I jot down notes and revisit when I do the actual writing.

18 hours ago, 1978bucketlist said:

Sitting at airport waiting on lost luggage. We made flight to Baltimore. 2 of our bags didn’t. My daughter made her flight to DC. 2 of her bags stayed in Fort Lauderdale

One time we had a piece of luggage like Maui so much that it stayed a couple of extra days.

We are home now. Cold and snow instead of sun and beaches. The overall trip was what I had been looking forward to. All of us had a great experience.

We had booked a 2 bedroom grand suite. We all appreciated all of the room. We didn’t use all of the storage we had even though we are part of the over packing club. 

My husband and I had the refreshment package. My daughter had soda package. Hubby had said he didn’t need package. I should have listened. He used it for water, soda and a couple mock tales. The mock tales I ordered where good but very sweet.  I used mine for water, coffee and hot chocolate. The people at cafe knew me after the 2nd day.