Unlimited Dinning Package include La patisserie and solarium Bistro Evening Dinning

MILIND

Hi,

I have purchased Unlimited Dinning package for my 11 nights cruise on Ovation of sea from Feb 2. 2020 to New Zealand, Will I get complimentary free food even on La Patiserie, Solarium Bistro ( evening dinning ) and at Amber & Oak Pub. Also I have booked Balcony room on guarantee basis, when will my room get allocated ?, With my Deluxe beverage package, will it include Wines and tapas at Vintages also. 

Kindly help 

The venues that you have mentioned are not specifically called out in the UDP dining plan terms and conditions.  Consequently the ship decides what to allow on a cruise by cruise basis.  It's possible one guest might have success while a different guest on a different sail date is denied.  All you can do is ask on board and hope for the best.

Typically tapas at Vintages is not included.  Wines up to $12 or $13 will be covered however many wines at Vintages are more than this and you will need to pay the difference.  

Most of the Solarium Bistro menu is included.  They typically have 1 or 2 items that carry a charge.  Like the other venues the ability to use the UDP is not specifically mentioned in the UDP terms and conditions.

Another option is to reach out to Royal and ask specific questions. I used their Facebook site to chat with them to get an "official" answer regarding the status of certain venues, and the interpretation of the number of times per day you can dine etc.. I gave them specific examples in order to get more detailed answers, as initially the rep wasn't much clearer than the printed material. From our chat: "you'll be able to dine in any restaurant on your sailing as many times as you want based on availability. Playmakers [on Oasis, which is what I was asking about] is also now included. Playmakers is considered an a la carte venue and guests will be given a $35 food credit each time they dine." Experiences and activities such as Chef's Table or classes are discounted but not included. I specifically asked about Vintages tapas, and they are not included. I also asked what the best way was to resolve any issues, and the rep said to go to guest services or speak to a crew member at the specialty dining restaurant. I printed the chat transcript and put it in my folder in case I needed it on board. The details on the UDP was too vague for my taste, so I preferred not to leave it to chance. Happy dining!

39 minutes ago, Salty Law Dog said:

Another option is to reach out to Royal and ask specific questions. I used their Facebook site to chat with them to get an "official" answer regarding the status of certain venues, and the interpretation of the number of times per day you can dine etc.. I gave them specific examples in order to get more detailed answers, as initially the rep wasn't much clearer than the printed material. From our chat: "you'll be able to dine in any restaurant on your sailing as many times as you want based on availability. Playmakers [on Oasis, which is what I was asking about] is also now included. Playmakers is considered an a la carte venue and guests will be given a $35 food credit each time they dine." Experiences and activities such as Chef's Table or classes are discounted but not included. I specifically asked about Vintages tapas, and they are not included. I also asked what the best way was to resolve any issues, and the rep said to go to guest services or speak to a crew member at the specialty dining restaurant. I printed the chat transcript and put it in my folder in case I needed it on board. The details on the UDP was too vague for my taste, so I preferred not to leave it to chance. Happy dining!

This is such a great suggestion b/c I have read waaaytooo many accounts of people getting conflicting information on the SAME cruise !  The best ammunition you have is written confirmation. It’s hard for the crew on the ship to argue with written confirmation.