Belize Cave Tubing

baltodave

Hi Everyone,

We're going on Rhapsody 1/25/20-2/01/20 and the first stop is Belize (never been there).  We are thinking of doing one of the cave tubing excursions and there are 2 similar ones on the RC Planner website.  One is "JAGUAR PAW CAVE TUBING & JUNGLE TREK WITH LUNCH" and the other is "EXCLUSIVE CRYSTAL CAVE TUBING AND LAGOON WITH LUNCH".  They both include lunch and the  Crystal one is $28 more per person.  Can anyone explain the difference and is the Crystal Cave Tubing worth the extra$$.

One more thing:  I normally never book excursions through RC but it seems these prices seem fair.  Also, if we can't stop in Belize (it's a Tender port), there will be no problem getting a refund.

Thanks everyone!

It has been several years since I visited but some of our group did the tubing and ziplining tour.  I don't remember if lunch was included.  Others in our group did just the cave tubing but I don't think it was the exclusive one with lunch.  So, I cant' exactly comment on the difference but I would recommend booking with the cruise line since it is a tender port especially if the prices are reasonable.  The cave tubing was fun and unique.  I would recommend it.  The ziplining was also a lot of fun.

On 12/27/2019 at 7:53 AM, baltodave said:

Hi Everyone,

We're going on Rhapsody 1/25/20-2/01/20 and the first stop is Belize (never been there).  We are thinking of doing one of the cave tubing excursions and there are 2 similar ones on the RC Planner website.  One is "JAGUAR PAW CAVE TUBING & JUNGLE TREK WITH LUNCH" and the other is "EXCLUSIVE CRYSTAL CAVE TUBING AND LAGOON WITH LUNCH".  They both include lunch and the  Crystal one is $28 more per person.  Can anyone explain the difference and is the Crystal Cave Tubing worth the extra$$.

One more thing:  I normally never book excursions through RC but it seems these prices seem fair.  Also, if we can't stop in Belize (it's a Tender port), there will be no problem getting a refund.

Thanks everyone!

We did one where you carry the rafts through a jungle area before going through the caves.  It wasn't bad, but not as exciting as the cave hiking/swimming at Playa Del Carmen (out of Cozumel,, it is the Amazing Secret River excursion).  As we took our Belize tubing excursion, we were told the other one involved a slightly different hike into the the cavern that we floated by.  It seemed like it was a bit more dramatic, but we didn't actually try that.  We didn't see a jaguar, but iId say that was a good thing.  The cave tubing does allow seeing the caves, all tubes are tied together, you get a little wet, but it's not particularly arduous (getting in our out of the tubes is the hardest part). 

We did the Jaguar Cave Tubing and Jungle Trek this past April, we had the lunch before the tubing (this varies), it consisted of chicken and rice.  Was pretty good for a picnic style lunch.  We had about 1/4 mile trek through the jungle on mostly level hard pack path.  There was a wooden stairs going down and up from the river that we had to cross, be careful climbing them after crossing the river as they were wet.  Wear water shoes or old tennis shoes.  The tubing thru the cave was like slow drifting and being pulled by the guide, all the tubes were lashed together to keep the group together.  There is a place to purchase drinks before and after the tubing and a souvenir shop.  Our tour guide was Peter and he was great.  While the tubing was fun the best part was the commentary we got from our tour guide, he was funny and informative about all things Belize.  

Can't comment on the Crystal Cave one, I'd recommend booking thru the ship as we got back late and had to catch the next to last tender to the ship, the bus about 5 minutes behind ours was the last tender before we set sail.

• 2 weeks later...