buying beer / snacks on board?

lauram1986

Hi all,

Can anyone advise on whether you can buy beer (cans/bottles) and snacks (crisps/chips/nuts) on board to have in your stateroom? We sail on 2 April 2016 on Oasis of the Seas, 7 night carribean cruise and wondered if there is a shop so we can have some supplies in the room? Ideally don't want to raid the mini bar (we will have drinks packages, but for sake of ease when playing cards on the balcony/watching a movie would prefer not to have to leave the cabin every time we want another drink).

Any advice on shops etc on board selling such items gratefully received!

Why would you not just stock up on drinks? You said you have a drink package so just order extra drinks. While the policy says one drink at a time it does not seem to be enforced. The only cans I know of for sale are the mini bar cans. I can tell you that many items are in cans and bottles at the bars, and I have asked them for the bottle or the cans unopened and they have done it. As for snacks you are free to take anything you want out of the restaurants. Many of them served packaged items. Our cabin always has a basket of fruit and cookies in it.  

It really is not a problem having food snacks drinks in your cabin. If they did have a shop I do not believe many would use it.

Trying to think what I have seen, cereal boxes and fruit are available to relocate from the Windjammer to your cabin. Cant recall seeing chips/nuts in packages except for in the onboard store.

I have one of the RCI cooler bags and have carried that around the ship with unopened beers on ice, so you can certainly get unopened beers for your cabin if you have something to put them in (the fridge wont get them/keep them really cold but if cool beers work for you that's an option).

But you would have to pay for the at those shops. Expensive little treats, but that is the norm when at a resort or hotel or travelling really anywhere.

Last cruise I bought a 20 pack of small chips(Doritos, Cheetos etc)..didn't take up any weight or space and were a god send after a few cold beers on the pool deck!

Thanks all, really good advice, will be packing a small cooler bag and do some snack shopping before we board, good to know there might be a few options on board too. It's crazy the bars don't stock crisps, or it is to me, guess it's just cultural (a pint of lager (or any drink in a pub/bar) and a packet of crisps (chips) is common place everywhere in Britain, pretty much as quintessentially British as tea and toast, roast beef and the Queen!)

Thanks again, really helpful.