Crown and Anchor for My Son

DocLC

I don't understand. Everyone sailing onboard gets Crown & Anchor points, not just the first two guests.

Also, assuming he's still under 18, your son's Crown & Anchor account should be linked to yours so he'd be at the same level that you are (regardless of how many points he has).

I don't understand. Everyone sailing onboard gets Crown & Anchor points, not just the first two guests.

Also, assuming he's still under 18, your son's Crown & Anchor account should be linked to yours so he'd be at the same level that you are (regardless of how many points he has).

His number is linked to ours and he has his own number; however, I was under the impression for some reason that the third and fourth berths don't acquire points. If he is, then this is a nonsense question.

His number is linked to ours and he has his own number; however, I was under the impression for some reason that the third and fourth berths don't acquire points. If he is, then this is a nonsense question.

If I understand the process correctly, your kid(s) sail with whatever C&A status you have at the time.  Once they turn 18, however, they revert to their own earned point level.  

Right now my kids have 38 points on their own (wife and I have 103 so they sail as Diamonds), and will be earning another 14 this year.

If I understand the process correctly, your kid(s) sail with whatever C&A status you have at the time.  Once they turn 18, however, they revert to their own earned point level.

That's partially correct. Kids always have their own, individual number of points based on what sailings they've done, but they inherit the status of their parents. Once they turn 18, that status sort of "locks in" and they retain that status, despite their lower number of points.

For example, my younger son has gone on four Royal Caribbean cruises with us. He has 29 points. However, since I turned Diamond before he turned 18, he was considered Diamond, and he still is now that he's 18.

Of course, to get to Diamond Plus, he'll need to earn another 146 points on his own, but that's up to him to figure out how to do that. :)

That's partially correct. Kids always have their own, individual number of points based on what sailings they've done, but they inherit the status of their parents. Once they turn 18, that status sort of "locks in" and they retain that status, despite their lower number of points.

Thank you for the correction.  At the rate we're going my kids will likely be Diamond on their own accord by the time they turn 18 anyway, but it's nice to know they'd be locked in at that status regardless.