Theme Nights

Mandy

• 2 weeks later...

My husband and I are sailing on Jewel of the Seas end of February for 7 nights.  I know there are two formals, a couple smart casuals and semi formals.  On the formal nights do most men wear full suits?  My husband is having difficulty finding a proper suit jacket.  Would a vest suffice?

My husband and I are sailing on Jewel of the Seas end of February for 7 nights.  I know there are two formals, a couple smart casuals and semi formals.  On the formal nights do most men wear full suits?  My husband is having difficulty finding a proper suit jacket.  Would a vest suffice?

A vest would be fine as would a dress shirt and tie without the vest or a coat. The main dining room, even on formal night, is much less formal than it used to be. I, for one, no longer take a coat with me and simply wear a nice dress shirt and tie on formal nights.

• 7 months later...

Is there any way to find out in advance of packing for my cruise, what the Theme night scheduled will be?  I would really like to know if I need to pack a poodle skirt or bell bottoms.  I'd hate to pack a poodle skirt only to find there will be a 70's night instead.  I looked on the cruise calendar, which is where it would be with Disney Cruise Line but its not there.  Now, its still months away, so that might be why, but I'd like to know if it is posted somewhere in advance.  We are on the Grandeur in April 2017.

Is there any way to find out in advance of packing for my cruise, what the Theme night scheduled will be?  I would really like to know if I need to pack a poodle skirt or bell bottoms.  I'd hate to pack a poodle skirt only to find there will be a 70's night instead.  I looked on the cruise calendar, which is where it would be with Disney Cruise Line but its not there.  Now, its still months away, so that might be why, but I'd like to know if it is posted somewhere in advance.  We are on the Grandeur in April 2017.

Not really, but if you find a Cruise Compass from your usual itinerary (http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass) odds are that the same theme nights will be had on your sailing.  The theme nights aren't changed up all that much and seem to be pretty consistent from sailing to sailing.