What to Wear (Formal Night, MDR, etc)?

Normally Canadians do not tend towards being provocative. However, I am bucking this trend by presenting an alternate opinion. If we have differences of opinion, I will not respond with vitriol, I will respond with the emotions of a man totally enthralled with the attention, and love of my soulmate.  This is a “turn our heads upside down” opinion of how men should dress on a cruise.

I dress for no one. Not at work, not at home, and not on a cruise. With one massive exception. I dress for my soulmate. Since I really can’t see what I am wearing, and I really could care less about what anyone else thinks, I dress for only one person ... the woman I fell in love with 40 years ago and the woman I want to make happy every single day of my life. 

I also do not care what other people wear … I am looking at my soulmate, everyone else is the equivalent of “visual background noise” … Sorry if some of you are upset.

I see frequent requests for what is acceptable in the MDR, and on Formal nights. I understand these requests are sincere questions about what is normal and tolerated. My advice is ... Ask your soulmate. Ask the person who you are devoted to. Ask the only person on the earth that matters. You and they will be much happier as a result. 

On a cruise (and many times at home), I wear what my soulmate wants.  She also asks me what I prefer that she wears, and I am honest and very appreciative when she responds. When we do this, almost always she says I “look sexy”, and I feel great (I also laugh a little). I think she is the most beautiful woman on the ship, and I would wear anything to make her happy. 

I hope everyone can have this feeling when they go cruising. 

Curt from Canada. 

7 minutes ago, ellcee said:

but but but...what about those who don't have a soulmate? I mean, my dog matters but I'm pretty sure she can't tell me what looks good.

Dress to impress that “soulmate in hiding”. For some people that is jeans and a t-shirt. For some people that is smart casual. For some people that is “knock down drag ‘em out” formal wear. I do not think it is a fluke that my soulmate and I have similar tastes. 

I truly hope your quest for a soulmate will be as successful as mine was. 

Curt from Canada. 

2 minutes ago, ellcee said:

(I was just being facetious)

I know... I was being grandiose ? and was going to say also what Curt said (for those lurking).

At the end of the day, do what brings you joy and your future soulmate will see your shine & find you.

Side note: dogs always think we look good so their sweet doggo kisses are words enough ☺️?