Conflicted - Michelle C ignore this topic!

After our first cruise last year (booked directly with RCCL) we have booked 4 more cruises with MEI (Michelle). I made the mistake of opening an email from my airline credit card today and they are offering 7 points/dollar on cruises. We are looking to book an Alaska cruise next May and with a balcony I can get 42,000 airline points (7 points x $6,000 for 4 of us). That will be enough to cover the airfare one way to Seattle (we'll drive to Vancouver). 12,000 RC points (2 x 6K) gets $120 OBC.

Michelle and MEI have been very good to us but 42,000 is a whole lot of airline points..... 60K gets me (1) roundtrip to Europe!

13 minutes ago, KJ1231 said:

After our first cruise last year (booked directly with RCCL) we have booked 4 more cruises with MEI (Michelle). I made the mistake of opening an email from my airline credit card today and they are offering 7 points/dollar on cruises. We are looking to book an Alaska cruise next May and with a balcony I can get 42,000 airline points (7 points x $6,000 for 4 of us). That will be enough to cover the airfare one way to Seattle (we'll drive to Vancouver). 12,000 RC points (2 x 6K) gets $120 OBC.

Michelle and MEI have been very good to us but 42,000 is a whole lot of airline points..... 60K gets me (1) roundtrip to Europe!

Can't you book it anywhere you'd like and by paying with that card still get the points? I cannot see that being a problem. Good luck and happy sailing.

1 minute ago, Skid said:

Can't you book it anywhere you'd like and by paying with that card still get the points? I cannot see that being a problem. Good luck and happy sailing.

I think you have to book through their website to get the "bonuses". Will also get $50 OBC x 2

I suspect it has to be booked through the airline branded travel agency. 

I understand the dilemma,  I'm getting super cheap reward flights to Europe and even Australia on Delta.  My return from Barcelona and separately from London is 25K miles each for two upcoming transatlantic.  I can't fly domestically that cheap.