3 day Navigator cruise to Bahamas

First time RCL cruise for me...  I've cruised before but never with RCL.  Super excited to experience another cruise line even for just 3 days.  I've searched several forums and can't quite find the answers I need.  This is a short girls trip and we have two Grand Suites.  In reviewing the benefits outlined online I still have questions.  Is there an adult only pool area outside of the Suites chairs?  Some of our party will need shade so looks like the reserved area may not meet all our needs but an adult only area would work. I've looked at deck map on app and have found Suite Lounge.  Looks like there are some perks ( complimentary drinks?) that come with our suite package.  I understand it's limited but trying to figure out exactly how.  Was looking for a Coastal Kitchen but didn't see it on the app.   What is the other option of private seating for lunch and dinner?  Where?  What time?  Do we have to reserve it?  Is there a formal night on this 3 day?  I kind of hope not.  I found a Compass from May 2019 on a forum and it didn't look like it but wanted to be sure.   I can't find information about any Bridge, Galley, Backstage Tours.  How do we access these and is there an extra charge in addition to what we paid for our suites?  We are going to Coco Cay and it doesn't look like there is anything at all set aside for suite guests like Labadee?  Not even a special beach area?   I'm trying to get as many questions answered for our group before we board so any help would be much appreciated.  Just trying to make sure we know how to access all our little perks without driving the concierge completely nuts! lololol   Is it worth it to purchase a European outlet adapter to free up US outlets?   With 5 girls in each room, that's a lot of hairdryers, flat irons, and curling irons! 

Any additional suite perks/insights for our girls trip will definitely be appreciated! 

Thanks All!

Welcome to the boards! I can start off with a couple of answers...

The suite lounge/concierge lounge is a private space you use you room key to enter. You can go in 24-7, but it is only staffed at certain hours. Even when it’s not staffed you can get a latte from the nice machine.  Drinks are free in the evenings, approximately 5p to 8p — check on board for exact times. 

Free tours for suite guests vary by sailing and staff availability. I think they are sometime not offered at all on the short cruises but hopefully I’m wrong. You will receive an invitation in your room at some point. 

Don’t worry at all about bugging the concierge — they’ve heard it all!!

There is no Coastal Kitchen on Navigator and no private suite seating for lunch and dinner.  Coastal Kitchen is on O and Q class only. There isn’t a suite section on Cococay.  The adult only pool is mostly shades is called the solarium but there isn’t a suite section in it.  

Formal nights aren’t really formal anymore.  You will see a wide variety of dress even on formal nights. 

I am on NAV in a Grand Suite right now.

Suites have an exclusive breakfast in Chops Grill which gives you a nice, quiet, full service breakfast but unfortunately no other exclusive meals for suites.

The Suites Lounge is open 24/7 but as KristiZ mentioned, the Concierge is only there during published hours.  One note about the Suites Lounge.  We went there (to get a cappuccino) right after we boarded and b/c we did not have Sea Pass cards yet we could not get in.  Luckily we knocked and there was someone inside to open the door and let us in but if they had not been there we would have been SOL. One very big down side to the “no Sea Pass cards upon boarding” process.

The Suites Concierge on currently (Andrea) is very nice   I think she is new to being a Concierge (#1 we have not met her before and #2 she seems to have to consult with the Diamond Concierge regularly to get help/answers).  I like her though.

Suites perks do not include internet service on NAV (it does on Oasis and Quantum Class ships).  There are reserved seating areas for suites in the main theater and the ice skating rink but they only hold those seats until 10 minutes before showtime. After that, they release the reserved seating to anyone. Be at the show at least 15 minutes before showtime. 

One other shortfall about the newly amped NAV that I somehow missed in the blogs...when the moved the fitness center and added new cabins, they completely removed the sauna and steam rooms.  Dan was more than slightly annoyed to find this out.  So, no sauna and/or steam rooms anymore on NAV. Unfortunate 

We have the Unlimited Dining Package and on embarkation day we were not permitted to eat at Chops but they did let’s us eat at Jamie’s.

33 minutes ago, cpa09 said:

I'll be boarding Navigator this weekend.  I was wondering if the capability to use the Royal App to chat with other people on the ship is available for Navigator yet?  

no.  It's only available on Allure and Harmony at this time.