Empress Room Sizes

bcarney

Excuse the mess - we (and by "we", I mean my wife) were packing on our last night after 14 days on Empress in November 2005.  This is stateroom 9636 - a Junior Suite at the time (I don't know what it would be classified as now).  I'm reading the old Crown and Anchor Magazine that RC used to send out.

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Excuse the mess - we (and by "we", I mean my wife) were packing on our last night after 14 days on Empress in November 2005.  This is stateroom 9636 - a Junior Suite at the time (I don't know what it would be classified as now).  I'm reading the old Crown and Anchor Magazine that RC used to send out.

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

HI... Great pics thanks!!  I will be in a JS coming up in April here.  I realize it was quite some time ago that you were on the ship but I was wondering if you would be able to tell me if the JS room had a tub in the bathroom as most of the other RC ships do?  The website description says that they do indeed but I have been trying and trying to find out and have been researching and my general consensus seems to be that they do not.  Is this correct haha?  They also claim the rooms are 225 sq ft which i'm not sure is accurate either.  Anyways, any info you could help me with id greatly appreciate thanks!!  :)

HI... Great pics thanks!!  I will be in a JS coming up in April here.  I realize it was quite some time ago that you were on the ship but I was wondering if you would be able to tell me if the JS room had a tub in the bathroom as most of the other RC ships do?  The website description says that they do indeed but I have been trying and trying to find out and have been researching and my general consensus seems to be that they do not.  Is this correct haha?  They also claim the rooms are 225 sq ft which i'm not sure is accurate either.  Anyways, any info you could help me with id greatly appreciate thanks!!  :)

I'm really sorry - I don't recall if it had a tub at the time or not.  After 10 years memories are kinda fuzzy.  Plus, I don't know what changes, if any, were made during her time at Pullmantur.  

I do have to say that our room probably wasn't 225 square feet; I want to say 160-170 feet range at the most.  The cabins had straight walls, not a narrower room with bumps that widen the room where the beds go, as they are on more modern ships in the fleet, so that alone made the room feel 'bigger'.

I hope you enjoy the ship as much as we did; our cruise was 11 days so I'm sure that added to the satisfaction level. :)