Shade availability near the pools

1 hour ago, NU2Cruise said:

I have enjoyed learning about cruising from all of you and am hopeful that you will be answer a question.  

We will be sailing on Anthem of the seas in June. I am wondering about the availability of shaded areas near the pools. 

Thank you all for all you offer to us new to cruise life!

NU2Cruise

I can't answer, as I've never been on Anthem, but WELCOME! I'm sure someone will answer soon ?

There are a lot of shaded areas, but it depends on what you mean by the pool. 

They have over hangs on each side for the outdoor pool, but you are a few rows back, and if memory serves me correctly they are more tables and chairs in those areas than loungers.

There are 2 indoor pools.  Both have shade all over the place. 

However, one is the Solarium and that is for adults only, thus if you have kids it will not be one you would go to.  Like the outdoor pool it has a hot tub.  It has these beautiful plush wicker 2 person loungers that line the views looking over the ocean.  Plus, traditional loungers. They have tables and chairs by the pool.  It is a multi level pool with lots of palm trees (type) all around the area.

The 2nd is much smaller than the outdoor pool, I want to say it has only 1 hot tub, but it has a separate small pool for the wee little ones.  This pool is located between the outdoor and Solarium.    There are tables around the bar area to sit by the pool.

The problem with both the indoor pools is it can get very steamy in those areas since they are enclosed.  

Shaded areas tend to go last because most people want to be close to the pool and/or in the sun.  On Anthem, you have the indoor pool as a great equalizer because most people gravitate towards the main pool or Solarium first.

Thank you for your responses.

I was concerned that shaded areas would be limited and sought after and am relieved that is not the case. I appreciate the information about the indoor pools as this could be an issue for me  as an asthmatic.

I have another question regarding the hot tubs near the outdoor pool; is there shade over the hot tub?

This is the first cruise for my husband and I  ? We are traveling with our daughter, son in law and grandsons 5 and 7. 22 days to go - packed and ready!

This is a wonderfully friendly informative site. I have learned so much from all of you - I think this should be required reading for all first time  cruisers - perhaps a link after booking ? !!

Happy cruising to all :27_sunglasses: