Adventure of the Seas complimentary dining times

The main dining room usually begins dinner service from 5pm - 9pm. Breakfast will vary, but usually from 7/8am - 9am or so. Lunch only on sea days for about an hour and a half.

Windjammer buffet is open from like 6am-11am, 11:30am -3:30pm, 6pm - 9:30pm.

These are generalizations so figure +/- 30 mins or so.

Looking at old compasses and talking to recent cruisers on Adventure.  WJ does lunch until 2:15/2:30  They shut down and reopen again at 3 until 4, for what they call afternoon tea.  Think light food fare.  Hot food stations will not be open.  They than reopen @5:30.   This will be my 1st time on Adventure (July sailing), but what people are saying it reminds me of how Anthem does it too.  You could go in at that time and they had a spread of deli meats, breads, and their famous cup assortments..  IE dessert in a cup., veggies in a cup, pasta in a cup, seafood in a cup, etc.   

My hubby and I love this bc we are not fans of their pizza (nobody flame me). It also works for us since by 3-3:30 we are done hanging at the pool.  We get a light nosh, make a plate back to the room and put in the mini-cooler to nibble on late at night  Than we change and go to Schooners for whatever trivia is playing, which is usually @ 5 

For me, the food issue is something that is part logistics if you don't want to be stuck eating their pizza or pre-made sandwiches.  We do traditional late dining.  We love doing this for multiple reasons.  1. See above.  It also allows us to see either the early comedian or part of the early movie at the pool (7 pm).  2.  We do balcony cabins, so we get to see the sunset. 3. We may decide to hit the WJ when it opens for dinner prior to going back to our room and get another little nosh ---we leave those dishes out so the cabin steward will clean up when they do turn down service. 4. We find late traditional seating much better service than MTD at 6:30.  To us, the dining room is less crowded and the waitstaff is more attentive.  They know that things like Quest, Love and Marriage, 70's night,  late night comedian, etc start at 10, so they will have you done by 9:30 and it is nicely paced.  

Lastly, I would add one last tip.  You can order continental breakfast for your cabin for free.  My hubby and I are early risers.  We will go to the gym or walk the track and be back in our cabin by 7:30---yes, we don't go to bed until midnight, but that is the beauty of a cruise, you can nap on the pool deck during the day  ?  Again, because we do balcony, we order the continental breakfast and hit WJ for any hot items, like an omelet, hash browns, sausage and grits, etc.  on our way back to our cabin.  We love this because we don't have to search for a table in the WJ, plus we get to watch us pulling into port.  On top of those reasons, we can leisurely get ready for the day...take a few bites, than, pick out your clothes for the day, take a few more bites, as you read over the Compass.  Take your shower, get dressed, and than drink the last bit of your coffee before you leave your cabin. 

Obviously, our cabin steward has to do more work because they are clearing plates 2x a day, but this is also why we tip them extra 2x.  1/2 on the 1st day, and 1/2 the last night.  Off topic, but I have always wondered if by doing this is that the reason we had towels animals every night, and extra towels in our room.  Only saying that bc many posters have complained that they didn't get towel animals every night.  Our 1st cruise on RCCL was outside view, so I know that the upgrade to balcony had no impact.  I am not a cruise snob, but I agree with others once you go to a balcony it is really hard to go back. 

18 hours ago, heresjohnny said:

I cant find the dining times for the main dining room or the buffet,it just says Café Promanade is 24 hours,can anyone help me out?

If you have the Royal Caribbean app you can find the times on there.

For example, for today on board Adventure:

Sapphire Dining Room has: Breakfast: 7.30 am to 9.30 am; My Time Dining: 5.15 pm to 9 pm; Early Seating: 5.30 pm; Late Seating: 8.00 pm (no lunch time shown as the ship is in port)

Windjammer has: Breakfast 7.00 am to 11.00 am; Lunch 11.30 am to 3.00 pm; Snacks 3.00 pm to 4.00 pm; Dinner 5.30 pm to 9.00 pm.

Hope this helps.