Jewel of the Seas

Hello all!

Will be on the 4 night Jewel of the Seas cruise out of Civitavecchia/Rome on June 12th as part of European honeymoon and am looking for pointers! Have been on a couple previous cruises and always went with the inside stateroom, mainly just to sleep. Because it's our honeymoon, went with an Owner's Suite to live a little. So... what to expect? Does the Jewel of the Seas have the suites program and/or perks? Anyone having experienced that and able to paint a bit of a picture? Thanks in advance!   

Congratulations, James !!  ...and welcome to the Blog.

The Owner's Suite is a lovely room.  I know you will enjoy it.  There are a number of nice amenities that come with being in a full suite.  

You will be able to eat breakfast in one of the specialty restaurants - most likely Chops but could be Giovanni's, depending on the ship.

From the deck plans it looks as if Jewel still has a Concierge Lounge so you will be able to enjoy that space along with other suite guests, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle guests.  There will be complimentary drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) in the evenings for an hour prior to the first dinner seating and for a while after dinner, probably until 8:30 or 9:00.  While this area is not staffed much of the day, you can always get into the Concierge Lounge with your Seapass card.  You will have access to a coffee machine (assuming it's not broken...which can sometimes be a problem !) 24 hours a day so you can get self-service espresso, cappuccino or other specialty coffee.  Some ships will offer access to bottled water in the Concierge Lounge even when it is not staffed but most do not.  Mostly, it's just the coffee machine....but it's free !

You will enjoy the service of the Concierge to help with any problems that may come up during the cruise and to provide you with expedited disembarkation at the end of your cruise.

You will be able to enjoy room service from the Main Dining Room menu (as opposed to room service from the room service menu) at no charge. This is a very nice amenity for the Owner's Suite as you will have a dining table and chairs inside the suite as well as outside on the balcony.  If you decide to have room service for breakfast make sure that you call and order your breakfast (or the Concierge will do it for you if you like) and do NOT use the breakfast room service "hang tag" that they provide that you hang on your door the night before.  If you use the "hang tag" they will bring you powdered eggs but if you order directly you can specify that you want REAL eggs.  Don't let them bully you into using the hang tag.  They tried that with me on our last cruise (Freedom) but I insisted that they take my order directly.  Also, the breakfast menu on the "hang tag" is far more limited than what you can get in the MDR so stand your ground and insist that you get to select from the full breakfast (or dinner, for that matter) menu !  If they give you a hard time on the phone (or if you are unable to even get THROUGH on the phone, which happens to me very often !) just have the Concierge take care of ordering for you.  They will make sure you get what you want. When you place any kind of order with room service, you must ask for EVERYTHING you want, including water, salt, pepper, ketchup, juice, coffee, jam, coffee, etc.  They will bring you EXACTLY what you ask for and nothing more.

As a suite guest, with a gold card, you will have a reserved seating area in the main theater.  The Concierge can let you know where that area is.  You must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the show as they release the reserved area seats to anyone just prior to the start of the show.

It's been a while since I've been on a Radiance Class ship, but I believe that there are special reserved loungers around the pool deck somewhere for gold card holders.  I cannot recall where that area is....honestly, quite often it is nowhere near the pool itself so not sure how much of an amenity this really is, but if you are looking for a lounger and don't care if it's near the pool, you will be in luck !  Just ask the Concierge.

Again, congratulations on the wedding and enjoy your honeymoon !!

Hi James,

my family will also be in this cruise. While you are celebrating your honeymoon, we are actually celebrating our 25th anniversary. We will have our 4 teenagers with us in 3 cabins. I’m expecting a pretty big difference in the ship since our last 3 cruises have been on Oasis class ships. But we are especially looking forward to the ports.