Freedom of the Seas questions

Hi All, 

New here going on Freedom of the Seas the 3 to 10 January 2016.  This is my hubby and I's 4th cruise but first time just the two of us have always gone with the whole family (11 to 14 people) before.  Very excited but going to be different! :)

Anyone know if you can access this forum on board for free the way Carnival does?   Would be a good way to keep in touch with my son who is looking after the dog :)

Thanks Waaaytoo, we are certainly excited to be going and the ship looks like it should be fun .... any ideas on how long the wait time is for the surf thingy, that looks like fun :).  Also do you know if they have cheese and crackers in the windjammer in the evening (like brie or camembert?)  they did on our first Royal Cruise but on all the others (Carnival and norwegian) they did not.  Hubby and I love cheese and crackers on the balcony with some wine before or after dinner. :)

I have to laugh...you asked about probably the only 2 things I do NOT know about.  Too funny.  I have never tried to Flow Rider but I can tell you from reading others' discussions that the best time to try the flow rider is the first day (if it is warm enough) and that the lines are never really all that long but as with all such things, the earlier in the day you try, the higher the probability of shorter lines.  Afternoons tend to have the longest waits for such things.

I do not eat cheese so I would not know about the cheese and crackers.  My guess is that you can find them in the WJ.  I just have never noticed since I pass quickly by anything with cheese !  Others will know....

Anyone know if you can access this forum on board for free the way Carnival does?   Would be a good way to keep in touch with my son who is looking after the dog :)

Unfortunately, you cannot access this site for free onboard.  Best you could do is access it via a free wifi spot at a port you visit.

any ideas on how long the wait time is for the surf thingy, that looks like fun :).  

Lines will vary but the lines will be longest on sea days and/or during the afternoons.

The best time for short lines at FlowRider is on embarkation day OR arrive at the beginning of any session.

love the freedom - best cruise staff and entertainment I think

Yes like Matt said go to Flow Rider when it first opens and sometimes right when
you get into the ports like 10am its not as busy but ask the guys/girls that work there

too for good times

Have fun !!  and January I'm jealous, the Caribbean is looking good this winter for sure