Indy Spa... A Thumbs Down

Normally if something is a little off or even a lot off I don't say a word but our experience in the Indy hair salon really evokes a need to shred them.  Springing for pampering is not my norm but since our cabin bid up was not accepted I had some extra in the budget to splurge. My GF is a very attractive blonde that now and then could use some touch up on her roots. The staff person that greeted her could not be friendlier or nicer... She was scheduled for what should have been an hour to hour and half procedure to lighten up some. I checked in with her at that hour and a half mark and she replied they were nowhere close to done. Hour 2 then 2 1/2 passed with no end in sight. She had me go take our seats at dinner. At the 3 1/2 hour mark she finally appeared. I couldn't recognize her. I could tell tears had been flowing then I noticed a Lily Munsterish quaff!!!! Nearly black in places, uncountable shades darker. She had gone it to get lighter not darker! She couldn't tell when she left that had happened as it was still moist and didn't notice til she passed a mirror as it dried between salon forward and MDR aft.  She nor I are confrontational sorts and bit our tongues...  Hell, it was only $109 and we'd just have to fix.

Or was it... As she hadn't noticed when she left she authorized a $20 tip (total). A few days later (last night) I was playing with my RC app and scrolled down to my running list of charges. All seemed in order then There was an odd list of $89 charges added -subtracted- added- and subtracted with no explanation. I went to the service desk to ask what that was all about. A nasty young man would not detail what that was all about, instead saying "What does it matter since no charge actually stuck"???? I think if somebody was playing games (or mistakes) I deserve an explanation especially since we had been ashore all day the day they were applied. I scrolled one notch further and noticed yet another charge .... A $40 "tip" from the salon??? Four days later??? I scrolled back to the original salon charge. They had already taken a $19 tip on that! The nasty young man at the service desk said he couldn't /wouldn't help. Told me to take it up with the spa directly. They were closed and again closed this morning!!! So just doing my civic "buyer beware" duty and letting y'all know...

Not discounting your experience at Guest a Services...if I experienced that, it would make my post cruise survey. If you’re still on board, I would take it up with the salon directly since they are a contractor with RC much like the optician is at a Sam’s Club. The staff there sounds like they were confused. 

7 minutes ago, DunkelBierJay said:

Not discounting your experience at Guest a Services...if I experienced that, it would make my post cruise survey. If you’re still on board, I would take it up with the salon directly since they are a contractor with RC much like the optician is at a Sam’s Club. The staff there sounds like they were confused. 

Only discovered last night (last night) spa was closed as it was this morn (disembarkation) …  I flagged the spa with a "1" and no follow up questions there.  I flagged the Guest services with a "1" as well and again no space to comment. I did have places where I heaped praise on the rest of the staff  to comment so I left it there... Hope somebody reads it...  I have  a ton of patience but the spa should be alerted but its on its way to England... 

Follow up with Royal by calling and challenging a charge on your account.  

It's not unusual for an incorrect towel charge to be applied to your account at the last minute since they wait until the cruise is over to see if a towel is returned.  When that happens by mistake you can call after the cruise and challenge the charge.  A incorrect spa charge is no different.  

If that doesn't work, call your credit card company and inquire with them if a challenge is appropriate.  Tell them the truth - an unauthorized charge was applied and you would like to challenge a portion of the credit card charge.