Adventure refurb in 2016?

bcarney

A revitalization was scheduled for this year according to the schedule posted on Royal's site. However, when I looked on Cruise Critc's list of ship refurbishments schedule for this year, Adventure is not listed. I wonder if they're going to postpone the refurbishment given that they' are now refurbishing two ships that weren't originally planned to be in the fleet? Plus, given that she had some work and enhancements done in 2014, I could see why they might postpone the refurbishment.

This is all speculation on my part, but I'm guessing the Adventure won't get her revitalization in 2016.

I am not certain about the exact timing, but i think the OP is correct that Adventure is supposed to drydock in 2016. I believe (several years ago) they had planned on doing the full refurbishishment in 2014, but for time and revenue purposes they split it up into two shorter periods. I believe it is still scheduled to get Flowrider, general cabin refreshing, chops, like it's sisters.

Was doing some airfare searches last night and found a good one for ORD->SJU over Easter break, and I recall hearing that Adventure hadn't been "fully" refurbed so I did a quick Bing search and came up with this page:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=revitalizations

where they say more "love" is to be done in 2016.

I haven't booked yet, but since it's my favorite ship it was hard not to pull the trigger....

Was doing some airfare searches last night and found a good one for ORD->SJU over Easter break, and I recall hearing that Adventure hadn't been "fully" refurbed so I did a quick Bing search and came up with this page:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSitelet.do?pagename=revitalizations

where they say more "love" is to be done in 2016.

I haven't booked yet, but since it's my favorite ship it was hard not to pull the trigger....

I found that page, too, but wondered how current it was. And since it wasn't listed on Cruise Critic, it made me wonder if they were still going ahead on this schedule.

One would think that adding the freestyle would be a good idea....

From what I understand, there are limitations with the freestyle machines on ships that go to Europe.  

Typically, the freestyle machines are reserved for ships based in North America.

I'm still thinking that they may be ditching the plans to refurb the Adventure in 2016.  The Jewel is already well-past her original refurb date, and with the unexpected dry dock of Adventure in 2014 to fix the propulsion issues, I think Royal can justify pushing her off into 2017.  Given that the Majesty and Empress are staying and coming back to the fleet, respectively, and the fact that both need or will get much need refurbs, I just don't see how Royal will pull this off from a budgetary standpoint.

Of course, I could be wrong . . .

• 2 weeks later...

Late October/Early November, the Thanksgiving 2016 cruise is supposed to be the first out of refurb .... little nervous about that but it should be fun :)

I took a leap of faith and booked it this morning - I found a Balcony room with an attached Interior for the kids for Thanksgiving (US) week 2016.  I figure I can sit on it until a bit before the final payment due date and then decide if we can afford it or not. :)