Getting on & off the ship @ ports of call @ disembarkation day

I might be purchasing a WoWband for myself and also purchase one for my mother when her and I board Harmony next month I know that wowbands can be worn on the wrist and being used in addition to the seapass card, but what I would love to know is when going ashore would the people at the boarding area of the ship scan the WoWbands when going ashore and when coming back onto the ship or would I need to have my seapass be scanned when leaving and boarding the ship at the ports of call? 

Also, on disembarkation day (the day the ship get back into the ships homeport) would the WOWband or seaspass card be scanned when I disembark the ship?

Edited by Bakerette
Removed the words “in place of” and replaced them with the the words “in addition to”.

No. The Wowbands can not be used to get on or off the ship. There’s no where to scan them, and the traditional sea pass cards need to be scanned. Also, you’ll find it cumbersome to use the Wowband at some of the bars as you have to take it off and hand it to the bartender so they can scan it on their end. 

Think of it more as being in addition to a seapass card instead of replacing it.