Workshops onboard

Hoski

So looking in the past cruise compasses I see things like jewelry making workshops and other things.  Has anyone done one of these?  I know there is a cost involved but are the first come, first served or do you sign up somehow?  Just thinking if something interests me on one of our cruises or I want to escape the children I might do one of these. 

13 hours ago, Hoski said:

I know there is a cost involved but are the first come, first served or do you sign up somehow?

I believe they are all first come, first served.  Show up 10-15 minutes early and you should be fine.

1 minute ago, DublinFC said:

This is a topic I am interested in as well.  Other than the cupcake, sushi, and jewelry making workshops what else is offered?  I have noticed some lectures.  What have past topics been?  I think its interesting these are offered on board.

Varies by ship and itinerary.  For Alaska and longer cruises like transatlantic there have been lectures available by naturalists, talks from officers about the ship or discussions about Central Park.  These are less common on Caribbean cruises.  

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Varies by ship and itinerary.  For Alaska and longer cruises like transatlantic there have been lectures available by naturalists, talks from officers about the ship or discussions about Central Park.  These are less common on Caribbean cruises.  

oh ok good to know.  I plan to keep an eye out to see if something like that is offered, but wont hold my breath.  I 100% plan to take advantage of the sushi workshop though!

On 3/12/2019 at 10:35 AM, twangster said:

Those are the free things but the workshops I saw on the cruise compass were things like jewelry making and scrap booking.  Not that those two interest me but I've heard there are other kinds of workshops also and wondered how to purchase them and the costs.

On 3/12/2019 at 9:39 AM, Matt said:

I believe they are all first come, first served.  Show up 10-15 minutes early and you should be fine.

Thank you, any idea how you find out the cost ahead of time?  In the old cruise compasses they just have $ by them.