Is Junior suite ranked higher than VP category?

Dangle

Hi all.

I just made a booking on Voyager. 2 Panoramic ocean view suite (VP) guaranteed rooms... Funny thing is that the ship has only 2 rooms of the type on board but the VP GTY is still available to book on the website. (Even after I booked 2) It looks like the company is trying to get as many booking as possible under guaranteed VP category....

So I thought I might be going to be bumped to another room?

The question is that.. is jr suite ranked higher than VP rooms? As far as I know VP rooms get GS&above benefits whereas Jr suites do not. But it looks like VP cabins are located at the very bottom of the suites list when making booking which means they are ranked relatively low. If my room is assigned a Jr suite will I be able to get GS&above benefits? 

I am kind of confused now. Anyone booked a VP GTY room before? Sharing your experience would be a great help.

Thanks.

Welcome to the message boards!

Those cabins used to get Junior Suite benefits but were changed to receive Full Suite benefits last year.  Since they don't have a balcony they are kind of in their own space.  

More bedding options than a typical JS but not quite like a GS either, especially with no balcony.  Great views though.  

I don't know about ranking them low, they are pretty nice rooms if you don't need a balcony.  

I am almost positive that the VP technically gets ranked higher than a JS simply because they get full suite benefits now.  Price wise, it depends.  For my Navigator booking, the VP was cheaper than a JS.  For my Indy booking, it was the reverse.  The lists that you are referring to, are they older (prior to September 2018)?  Because if so, at that point, the VP was ranked lower because it did not receive full suite benefits.