Hibachi experience

Marmaduke

Hello again! A Hibachi experience has popped up as a dining option on my pre cruise planner, it is around £35gbp.  Can anyone tell me how this works 're what's included for that price (I know drinks aren't but we have delux drinks package which I think will cover the drinks?).  Some other dining options say you will get a $30 credit towards your meal but I'm presuming this isn't the case with the Hibachi or it would not be a good deal!  I've looked at the menus and items are priced individually.  Help! 

Thanks 

P-S is Hibachi not included as a speciaility restaurant within the dining packages, e.g the first 2 nights BOGO dining deal?

Yes, you can order drinks at the Hibachi restaurant using your drink package. 

The meal includes salad, entree, and dessert. You'll have a choice of proteins, etc. and some may be like $5 more than that cost (say, an upcharge if you want lobster and scallops) but that's all you'd be charged. They'll explain the options at the meal, but go in knowing there could be a small surcharge based on what you'd like. Beyond that, it's pretty standard hibachi and a fun time! 

No, hibachi is not included as part of the BOGO dining deals. If you can get it at a good price, I'd say go for it since it books up quickly once on board. 

Just now, Sh2738 said:

Do they a vegetarian option for the entree? Thanks 

Yes - I'm pescetarian, and have had no issue finding an accommodating option in any specialty restaurant. Tofu is noted as an option on the hibachi menus, however if you're not a fan of tofu let your waiter know and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to accommodate you with a veggie option. 

Just now, KLA said:

Yes - I'm pescetarian, and have had no issue finding an accommodating option in any specialty restaurant. Tofu is noted as an option on the hibachi menus, however if you're not a fan of tofu let your waiter know and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to accommodate you with a veggie option. 

What sort of success have you had on specialty restaurants where there is no vegetarian option listed on their menu? Any specific places that were accommodating? Thanks 

5 minutes ago, Sh2738 said:

What sort of success have you had on specialty restaurants where there is no vegetarian option listed on their menu? Any specific places that were accommodating? Thanks 

Most restaurants will have at least something, but in cases such as with Chops you can let the restaurant know ahead of time and they will work to accommodate you. At Izumi, you could request a vegetable tempura and I'd be willing to bet they'd accommodate a vegetarian roll (if there isn't already one on the menu). They key really is contacting the restaurant ahead of time and letting them know. Also, if you're using a travel agent you can have them mark on your reservation that you're a vegetarian (or, if not using a TA, call in to Royal Caribbean yourself). The MDR will even be willing to work with special requests if you discuss it with them early on. 

For vegetarian options, my favorites are Giovanni's Table/Jamie's Italian (whichever one your ship has) and Sabor. If you're up for some old fashioned greasy American food, Johnny Rocket's has a veggie burger on the menu. The Windjammer is going to give you a really good variety of options, with a variety of Indian curries typically being my favorite go-to. 

Thanks for great reply KLA.

do you know what happens with kids? I think it says we have to book them at full price then we get refunded the difference between that adult price and kids price in the form of an on board credit.  But what is unclear is how much we will be charged for the kids, one thing I read said $10 and something else said they be charged half of adult price. Any ideas which is right? And lastly, will the kids get to eat hibachi food? Our kids are big foodies and will want to be eating hibachi like us. Thanks again.

6 minutes ago, Marmaduke said:

do you know what happens with kids? I think it says we have to book them at full price then we get refunded the difference between that adult price and kids price in the form of an on board credit.  But what is unclear is how much we will be charged for the kids, one thing I read said $10 and something else said they be charged half of adult price. Any ideas which is right? And lastly, will the kids get to eat hibachi food? Our kids are big foodies and will want to be eating hibachi like us. Thanks again.

I actually don't - @Matt? This seems like a you question. 

2 hours ago, Marmaduke said:

According to the chef that created Izumi, he posted today it's 50%.

Screenshot.png

The $10 figure does apply to other specialty restaurants.