Excursion delays

kjw83

If you book an excursion through the cruise planner, you are guaranteed to be back at the boat before the boat leaves, correct?! I`m looking at 1 excursion that only gives us 45 min from when its done until the boat leaves at 7 pm. I just want to make sure that we are absolutely guaranteed through the RC site excursions to be back at the boat in time?? Thanks! This will be our first cruise, so I`m unsure about some of this ?

Just now, kjw83 said:

If you book an excursion through the cruise planner, you are guaranteed to be back at the boat before the boat leaves, correct?! I`m looking at 1 excursion that only gives us 45 min from when its done until the boat leaves at 7 pm. I just want to make sure that we are absolutely guaranteed through the RC site excursions to be back at the boat in time?? Thanks! This will be our first cruise, so I`m unsure about some of this ?

That is Royal's policy, yes. The policy is actually that if you are on an excursion booked through Royal, the ship doesn't leave until you get back. As opposed to the excursion gets back before the ship leaves.

17 hours ago, kjw83 said:

If you book an excursion through the cruise planner, you are guaranteed to be back at the boat before the boat leaves, correct?!

Sort of.  The answer is, yes, Royal Caribbean promises to get you back on the ship.  But it doesn't mean it will necessarily be at the same port.

What I mean is if your tour is running a bit late, the ship will likely wait.  But it is possible (although unlikely) that RC could send the ship on its way and transport you and everyone else on the tour to the next port to meet the ship.  All at RC's dime, but it is worth noting it's a possibility.

12 minutes ago, kjw83 said:

So I`m assuming 45 min leeway would be ok?! I really wouldn`t want to hassle with all that possibility...

Yes I wouldn't be too concerned. Keep in mind your excursion won't be the first time RC has run this excursion, so it's probably fine. The likelihood of your tour running behind is pretty low. The fact it gets back with 45 mins to spare is a good reason to go with RC.