Cutting it too close?

Bonadine

I am taking my first cruise in March on Brilliance of the Seas. We will be ending our cruise by returning to Tampa, FL, on a Saturday morning. I booked my flight home from Tampa to depart at 12 noon that same day. Will that give me enough time to leave the ship and get to the airport in time for the normal two-hour advance airport arrival time? We have pre-paid for the transfer for the Cruise line to transport us to the airport. Should I change by time for the flight home? Thanks in advance for any advice.

1 hour ago, Bonadine said:

I am taking my first cruise in March on Brilliance of the Seas. We will be ending our cruise by returning to Tampa, FL, on a Saturday morning. I booked my flight home from Tampa to depart at 12 noon that same day. Will that give me enough time to leave the ship and get to the airport in time for the normal two-hour advance airport arrival time? 

If you self disembark from the ship you can get off anytime between within 1 hour after port authorities/Coast guard has cleared the ship to dock and begin disemabarking passengers. Self disembark means that you take your luggage of the ship when you arrive back into port when you boarded the ship. After disembarking the ship you will have to go through customs which can take a while, but if you leave the ship as soon as possible you should be able to make the normal 2 hour advance airport arrival time to make your return flight home @ 12 noon the same day the ship get back into the ships home port. 

Agree with self disembarking. Also wanted to add if you are unable to self disembark consider letting cabin guy/gal know about time limit and he/she will likely get you a lower number to get off ship. Then if lot of luggage a nice idea would be to get a porter at luggage pickup area as they usually have a quicker line thru customs. Tip him a bit extra (the porter that is, not the custom agent) and away you go.