Drink Prices ??

Aneedels

We always do the Deluxe Drink Package.  

We got it for 47 a day per person which about killed me.  The non-alcohol was 18.  

Here is the thing, how much alcohol will you drink?   In essence it means @ 3-4 drinks to break even.  We had no problem breaking even.  1  or 2 cocktails in the day by the pool. (@18 bucks for 2) on sea days.  1 glass of wine at dinner (8 -9 bucks) a cocktail during Quest or Love and Marriage, (8-9 bucks)  Basically if you take the non-alcohol at 19, add 34 for just  on board you might as well go DBP.

Flip side...we have done just the soda package too.  If your cruise is port intensive, than I probably would not buy the DBP, just bring cash to spend in town.  We have the DBP on our next cruise because we will be at sea for 3 of the 9 days.   

We are going as a family group of  8 from NJ,  connecting rooms.  I am pretty sure I will need a cocktail during the day.  A glass of wine to get ready for the dinner, a glass to make it through dinner and some type of shot during the show.  This will be followed with a bottle of H2O from the bar to enjoy on the balcony.  

OH I also didn't add in getting Johnny Rockets milkshakes too.  Sorry, but the beverage package (non alcohol) is worth the cost if it means not standing  in line for the ice cream.

12 hours ago, Aneedels said:

So I know theres a page on the blog for drink prices, but its from Jan 2017... I was wondering if anyone could tell me the recent prices or like a high end cocktail and the drink of the day.. I do not know if we should get the drink package or not... Thanks ?

All cocktails are pretty much locked at $12 for non-Quantum / Oasis class ships, and $13 on Quantum and Oasis class. By default, that will get you the "well brand" of whatever alcohol the drink takes, but most of the time you can ask for a better brand and you won't get an upcharge. For example, I always ask for a reposado tequila (Patron Silver, 1800, etc.) when I get a margarita, and it's the same $12 / $13 as if I just got low-end Jose Cuervo. If Vodka is your spirit of choice, you can get Grey Goose for the same price as Smirnoff. Even venues like Boleros that may use a really premium liquor in their specialty cocktails still charge the same price.

The only time you'll find the price go above that if you ask for a shot of some super-premium liquor, like some of the high end whiskeys that @monorailmedic is known to sip. IIRC, the bartender will always tell you up front what the price will be for those situations, so you shouldn't get any nasty surprises.

The drink of the day is typically priced below $12, unless it comes in some kind of souvenir cup or a hollowed out pineapple; then you'll be looking at an up-charge unless you explicitly ask to have it served in a regular glass.

Wines, like @jticarruthers said, are all over the map; but you can expect that any halfway decent wine (bearing in mind that I'm a bit of a wine snob, so my definition of "halfway decent" may be very different from yours) will be at least $12 or $13 a glass, and often a few dollars more; once you get to more high-end wines (which are well out of my price range), you're looking at  $30+ per glass. If you have the drink package, you'll just pay the overage on your Sea Pass card. I'll say that if you're a wine drinker, and you're on a Freedom class or smaller ship, Vintages will have your best selection of wines that fall within the price of the drink package, or just a couple of dollars over. I found on Anthem that Vintages had nothing that was at or below the drink package limit, and only a few offerings that were less than $20 a glass.