bringing luggage and drinks onboard

camidr

On past non-RC cruises, we have preferred to carry on all of our luggage ourselves in lieu of having to wait for it to be delivered to our room. Will RC let us wheel on our suitcases along with our carry ons? Also, would we have any problem carrying on a pack of sodas or a small package of water? Thank you so much!

While I have never tried to carry on my "big" luggage, I have heard others comment that the major problem with carrying on all of your luggage is that the big suitcases will not fit through the scanner.

I'm not sure they would do if you try to bring a big suitcase through that would not fit through the scanner. You may end up back out front with the porters anyway.

As far as sodas and water are concerned, there have been a number of discussion threads on this topic of late and most agree that while it is officially prohibited to bring water or soda on board, unofficially they allow it through so long as it is unopened and in original packaging....but there is always the chance that they COULD prohibit it since it is the official policy not to allow it.

Your luggage will need to be no larger than large carry-on size to be carried on (approximately 24"x16x10). Otherwise, you'll need to check it.

We were able to bring on a 12-pack of soda during a port stop in Norway on the Brilliance, but we went in knowing it might not be allowed and we were willing to simply write it off as a loss of they prevented it.

Being a "Brittle" Diabetic I usually require bringing an A & W Rootbeer with me everywhere I go.  When my blood sugar drops below safe levels this drink is the quickest form of metabolizing sugar without giving me an upset stomach as I do when I eat pure glucose tablets.  I will be on a 16 day cruise Sept 3 on Brilliance and my question is:  Do they make exceptions and allow for those of us that use soda to help control sugar levels.  What documentation (Doctors note) may be required to do this?  Oh and just for reference, I do not prefer A & W Rootbeer but it has the largest content of Carbs per serving of any soda on the market. 

• 2 months later...

Are we limited on the number of bags per person or the size of bags we bring on the RCI Allure?

There is no limit on the amount of luggage you can bring on the ship.  I believe the official wording is something along the lines of as long as it's reasonable.