13 Beautiful photos from Odyssey of the Seas conveyance
The only thing better than a new cruise ship are great photos of a new ship.
Royal Caribbean's Odyssey of the Seas just finished her conveyance to the North Sea, and with the ship in port it has given plenty of photographers the chance to see the new ship up close.
One of my favorite cruise ship photographers is Jeroen Houtman, who has been taking photos of new ships for many years.
He took some fabulous photos of Odyssey of the Seas while docked in Eemshaven, Netherlands, which deserve to be showcased.
Odyssey of the Seas comes in at 169,000 GT and measures a length of 347.1 meters, and has a capacity of more than 5,000 passengers.
She will not claim the title of the largest, because Odyssey is smaller than the Oasis Class cruise ships, which currently hold the title for the largest in the world.
Read more: What Is the Biggest Royal Caribbean ship?
Odyssey of the Seas will be the second Royal Caribbean cruise ship to sail since the cruise industry shutdown, when she starts her inaugural season from Haifa, Israel.
The itineraries, roundtrip from Haifa, Israel, will include visits to destinations in the Mediterranean, including Rhodes, Santorini, Mykonos and Athens, Greece and Limassol, Cyprus.
These cruises from Israel are only available to Israeli residents.
Odyssey will then cross the Atlantic to begin its inaugural North American season in November, offering 6- to 8-night itineraries from Fort Lauderdale to the Caribbean.
Here are a list of the major features on Odyssey of the Seas that we know about:
- SkyPad bungee trampoline experience
- SeaPlex - the largest indoor space for recreational activities at sea
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade with club-level views of the SeaPlex
- Reimagined Adventure Ocean kids program and a maxed-out teen lounge with gaming consoles, music and movies
- Teppanyaki restaurant
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar
- Two-level pool deck will feature two open-air, resort-style pools and four whirlpools with shady casitas and hammocks
- FlowRider surf simulator
- Skydiving with Ripcord by iFly
- North Star glass capsule
- Robot bartenders at Bionic Bar