Happy weekend! It has been a busy week of Royal Caribbean news and events, and we have a look back at everything that happened this week.
In the aftermath of Hurricane Dorian, this week was dominated by the work Royal Caribbean did to help the people of The Bahamas recover as quickly as possible.
Across many of its cruise ships, Royal Caribbean engaged in an ambitious plan to delivery tens of thousands of meals to people across Grand Bahama Island.
Cruise ships in the area made unscheduled stops in Freeport to deliver meals and supplies to aid agencies so that they could be distributed to people in need.
Royal Caribbean News
- Royal Caribbean began organizing the first relief efforts in Freeport just a few days after Hurricane Dorian.
- Royal Caribbean pledged $1 million in Hurricane Dorian disaster relief.
- Royal Caribbean's CEO met with Bahamian and aid agency officials in Freeport.
- Engines were delivered to the shipyard for Odyssey of the Seas.
- CocoCay island re-opened on September 7.
- Top five coolest things about Mariner of the Seas.
- A look at an 8-year-old's favorite things to do on a Royal Caribbean cruise.
Royal Caribbean Blog Podcast
Cruising in hurricane season comes with its shares of risks, but for the first time a hurricane interrupted Matt's plans and this week's episode is about sharing lessons learned.
New RCB Video: How much does it cost to go on a Royal Caribbean cruise?
Have you subscribed to the Royal Caribbean Blog YouTube Channel? We share some great videos there regularly, all about taking a Royal Caribbean cruise! This week, we are sharing our latest video — How much does it cost to go on a Royal Caribbean cruise? — and don’t forget to subscribe here.
Royal Caribbean Around the Internet
Orlando Sentinel shared the story of a Bahamian Royal Caribbean worker that was reunited with her family after the hurricane.
News4Jax reported on the work Royal Caribbean is doing to sends thousands of meals, supplies to the Bahamas.
Fox 35 reported on Royal Caribbean's work to transport 261 evacuees from Freeport.