Freedom of the Seas to get $116 million amplification in Spring 2020
Royal Caribbean announced today its major plans to enhance Freedom of the Seas with an extensive $116 million amplifcation.
The cruise line will add the Perfect Storm duo of waterslides, a redesigned Adventure Ocean, a Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade and a reimagined pool deck that will feature Splashaway Bay, El Loco Fresh and The Lime & Coconut.
Beginning March 8, 2020, the reimagined Freedom will sail year-round, 7-night Southern Caribbean itineraries from San Juan, Puerto Rico and will include stops in St. Lucia, Antigua and the ABC Islands – Aruba, Bonaire and Curaçao.
Here's a full list of the changes coming to Freedom of the Seas:
Pool deck fun
- The Perfect Storm waterslides: duo of racer waterslides, Cyclone and Typhoon.
- Reimagined poolscape with a larger variety of seating and shade with casitas, daybeds and hammocks
- Addition of Splashaway Bay aquapark for the youngest travelers.
- Renewed, adults-only Solarium
- The Lime & Coconut, Royal Caribbean’s new, poolside signature bar is a the three-level spot serves up live music, a lineup of cocktails and a rooftop deck for a bird’s eye view of the action.
- Giovanni’s Italian Kitchen is a fresh, new twist on a guest favorite. Pick from authentic Italian dishes with a contemporary flair, including made-to-order pizzas hand tossed front and center, and baked in the new, in-house pizza oven. With a wide selection of wines and limoncellos on the reimagined menu, it’s “Sunday supper” Royal Caribbean style.
- Izumi Hibachi & Sushi, the Asian-inspired restaurant with teppanyaki tables and a sushi bar, features a variety of hot and cold appetizers, entrees, desserts and more.
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade features more than 80 TV screens, arcade games, and menu of classic bar bites with twist and ice-cold brews on tap.
- El Loco Fresh will sit poolside and offer fresh grab-and-go Mexican fare, from tacos and burritos, to quesadillas, along with an array of salsas for an extra kick. For the first time, the venue will include a full-service bar with a selection of tequilas on offer.
Family & Activities
- Glow-in-the-dark laser tag adventure – Clash for the Crystal City.
- Floor-to-ceiling redesign of Freedom’s dedicated teens spaces and award-winning Adventure Ocean
- Adventure Ocean will get a makeover that will touch every inch of the spaces specially designed for babies and kids. The imaginative layout encourages young vacationers to venture into a world of interactive experiences, from thought-provoking exploration at Play Place to art, science and tech activities at Workshop and friendly challenges at Arena. Kicking back is just as fun with gaming consoles and places to chill at Hangout. Babies and 3- to 5-year-olds will each have personalized areas with AO Babies and AO Junior
- Teens will rejoice at their exclusive hangout, entirely transformed to feature the latest in movies, gaming and music, plus a new, private outdoor deck.
Freedom of the Seas will be the latest Royal Caribbean ship to join the Royal Amplified Fleet. Royal Amplified is the cruise line's fleet moderinizaation effort that will encompass 10 ships in four years at a cost of more than $1 billion.