Waterproof phone pouches

Bakerette

19 minutes ago, cmdrfrag said:

My Dad got this one a while back when he was going away
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Zacro-Universal-Waterproof-Pouch-Waist/dp/B01CZXZXQU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1540889212&sr=8-4&keywords=waterproof+pouch

Not a lanyard but has a waist strap and can be tucked in to shorts and what not

That link will not work for me pecause it is a link to the uk amazon website and the uk website does not ship to the United States (which is the country that live in). No offense but do not want anything that I have to clip around my waist because if it falls off then my phone might break or if someone clips it off then they got all the items that I put in there. I think a waterproof phone lanyard would be easier because if I wanted to take a few pictures in the water then I would not have to take the pouch off my waist to take the picture, I can just pick the phone up and take the picture while the phone is in the lanyard. The lanyard you’ll allow for me to take pictures while I’m in the water with only one hand. right!?!? I think The waist pouch would not allow me to take pictures while I’m in the the water one handed and I would have to use both hands. Right!?!?

I bought these for my wife and I to use for taking pictures on an cave tubing excursion and the worked great! They are inexpensive, yet very effective.

I haven't tried putting extra items in them, but, I think a couple thin items should fit. Then again, being so cheap, you may want to just purchase an extra one. (Or even more!)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LBK7OSY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am trying to figure out if you put stuff in the pouch with your phone, how will you take pictures?  Won't the passport cover up the camera, unless you are only planning on taking selfies?

We have something similar to the link above and it won't fit much especially if you have a case on your phone.  You may need 2 pouches:  one for the phone and the other for your stuff or look at one of those lockable beach bags (that lock to a chair) and keep the extra stuff inside the bag.

9 hours ago, melski94 said:

Won't the passport cover up the camera, unless you are only planning on taking selfies?

My passport will not cover up the camera because I have a passport card not a passport book. The passport card is the size of a credit card. 

9 hours ago, melski94 said:

You may need 2 pouches:  one for the phone and the other for your stuff or look at one of those lockable beach bags (that lock to a chair) and keep the extra stuff inside the bag.

What I would put to put in the pouch along with my phone is no bigger than the size of a credit card and the no longer then the length of dollars When the dollars are folded I half they are just a little bit longer then the length of the passport card and credit card.