BOGO dining offer only includes samba grill and Giovannis?

J_Keeble

I'm currently on allure and purchased the BOGO dining for nights 1 and 2 I've booked this 3 times in the last and always managed to booked chops,150 etc but this cruise they said it was only for samba grill and giovannis table. It would make sense as it is a really cheap price for 2 restaurants but I've done the same on 3 other occasions and had no problems booking chops and 150. Has anyone else had any expert aces with this? 

I don't mean to take over your post, but I booked a BOGO for my cruise next week. It's the first time I purchased this and when I booked, all it asked me for was what time I wanted a reservation for on night 1. It didn't give me an option to choose a restaurant or do anything for night 2. Do you do that once you're on board? 

14 hours ago, J_Keeble said:

I'm currently on allure and purchased the BOGO dining for nights 1 and 2 I've booked this 3 times in the last and always managed to booked chops,150 etc but this cruise they said it was only for samba grill and giovannis table. It would make sense as it is a really cheap price for 2 restaurants but I've done the same on 3 other occasions and had no problems booking chops and 150. Has anyone else had any expert aces with this? 

The restaurant told you that? If so, are they aware you are using the BOGO dining package and not the Diamond Plus BOGO specialty offer?

12 hours ago, Matt said:

The restaurant told you that? If so, are they aware you are using the BOGO dining package and not the Diamond Plus BOGO specialty offer?

Hmmm I'm not sure I didn't make it clear,but on embarkation day I went into 150 and tried to book and she said about it being samba grill and giovannis only. Maybe a miss communication but I would of thought it would of showed up on her pic that we had he normal BOGO? ...

Are you/Were you on the Allure?   We did a Bogo and when we booked it they first gave us a time slot.   THe first thing we did once we got on board was to go to the MDR to see what the reservations were and to possibly change them out.  They had booked us into Samba and Giovannis.  We tried to change to 150 Central on the first night but they were booked but we were able to switch to Chops (big mistake, should have kept Samba).  

As an aside, you should have no trouble getting Sabor for dinner, it was a ghost town at night.  

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:26 AM, mbk999 said:

Are you/Were you on the Allure?   We did a Bogo and when we booked it they first gave us a time slot.   THe first thing we did once we got on board was to go to the MDR to see what the reservations were and to possibly change them out.  They had booked us into Samba and Giovannis.  We tried to change to 150 Central on the first night but they were booked but we were able to switch to Chops (big mistake, should have kept Samba).  

As an aside, you should have no trouble getting Sabor for dinner, it was a ghost town at night.  

yes I was on Allure, ive never had this trouble before. maybe they got confused about which BOGO it was.

I'm sorry you had trouble with your dining reservations, but it's good to read that in the past you were able to book Chops and 150. I am on the edge for booking BOGO for our May cruise on Harmony. I would like to try 150 or Wonderland, but I think it's going to be difficult to book since you have to wait until you get on-board to reserve. Would mind telling me about your past experiences being able to book BOGO specialty restaurants on Oasis class ships? Thanks!

21 minutes ago, D_Hubb said:

I'm sorry you had trouble with your dining reservations, but it's good to read that in the past you were able to book Chops and 150. I am on the edge for booking BOGO for our May cruise on Harmony. I would like to try 150 or Wonderland, but I think it's going to be difficult to book since you have to wait until you get on-board to reserve. Would mind telling me about your past experiences being able to book BOGO specialty restaurants on Oasis class ships? Thanks!

I have booked on harmony oasis and symphony and never had any trouble at all with anything, they always allowed the offer to be used at 150, chops and wonderland. I never had nay problems booking in to any restaurant.

I would recommend once you have booked the BOGO that the first thing you do onboard is to book the resturants you want and the times. that ay you will get the times that you want. again from experience I've never had nay problems apart from Allure where is wasn't in the mood to argue so just went with it and had a great time.

6 hours ago, J_Keeble said:

maybe they got confused about which BOGO it was

Unfortunately it sounds like you ran into someone who really didn't know what they were doing.  The person helping us looked to be undergoing some on the job training as she had someone over her shoulder helping her.   Maybe you got her before she got assistance....