Can i bring this?

Hello!!!

I am new to this board and new to cruising, my family and i will be going on our first cruise in Nov and i have so many questions.

One of the things i am most confuse with is  if i can take a pack of water in my carry on to have in my room.

I looked on the RC site and noticed that a 12 pack is over $40 so i don't want to do that but i would like to be able to have water in my room.

any help would be appreciated..  

Strictly speaking, the cruise line's rules say you cannot.

In real terms, many here have brought a 12-pack or even full case of their preferred bottled water with them as part of their carry-on stuff and gotten through security / boarded with no problems at all. You may get "that guy" at security who's the stickler for the rule book and says no exceptions, but I've yet to hear someone on these boards say they had their water confiscated.

The short answer is yes. Place it in your carry on luggage (not the luggage you give to the porters that will be delivered to your room later) and then don't say anything to anyone about it.  

Bottled water is a gray area of RC's rules, so using the strategy I outlined, you should have no problem bringing water onboard.

The only problem with sticking it in your carry on is that a 24 pack of 500ml bottles weighs almost 26.5 pounds.  ugh.

That's why I just slap a luggage tag on it.  If it gets there, great, if not I'm only out a few bucks.  I souls say based on what I've read people are pretty successful with both methods.