Adventure Ocean Mariner OTS

SMM799

Hi All....I am planning a short cruise next June on Mariner OTS.  My 8 year old would like to be with her 10 year old cousins at Adventure Ocean.  How strict are they keeping kids in the exact age group?  I hope they are flexible or my 8 year old won’t go.?

Thanks!

-Sue

Not to be critical..but  "or 8 yr old wont go"......what do you mean?

Your 8 yr old tells you what they will or wont do which affects your vacation?!.....wow, things have changed since I travelled with my parents..lmao

Your kid should do whatever their parents tell them to do...no?!

Hopefully someone here can answer your question......

Officially they are going to tell you that they have to stay within their age groups.  Unofficially, they combine age groups all the time, dependent on a few things, the biggest being how many kids are in Ocean Adventure at any given time.  My kids are in the same boat, and on their first cruise it was a concern, however it was quickly forgotten about.  They both made friends within their respective groups almost immediately, and at least half the time the groups were combined anyway.  There will be other kids there in the same situation, and the people working in Ocean Adventure deal with this on every cruise.  So I wouldn't worry about it if I were you.  I have heard of very few kids that didn't like spending some time in Ocean Adventure.  

They often combine Explorers (6-8) and Voyagers (9-11), especially on port days and mornings and afternoons and late night zone.

You can certainly ask, but be prepared for the answer to go eitherway. Regardless, I feel like there will be lots of opportunity to play together.

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

Not to be critical..but  "or 8 yr old wont go"......what do you mean?

Your 8 yr old tells you what they will or wont do which affects your vacation?!.....wow, things have changed since I travelled with my parents..lmao

Your kid should do whatever their parents tell them to do...no?!

Hopefully someone here can answer your question......

Coincidently I just read a review on another site of someone on Marnier and their just turned 9 yr old didn't feel comfortable with the 9-11's so they let him go with the younger group that his brother was in.....

Sounds like it could be an option if that's what your asking