Labadee cabana question

Jerel

Iv done some looking into it and what iv learned so far is...

The Barefoot beach cabanas are for suite guests, on ship you can put yourself on a waiting list and hope for the best.

Nellie's beach cabanas are available to anyone and you can book online.

My question is how do I book Nellie's online? Do I have to wait for a certain amount of days before the cruise? They arnt on the RCCL website under Labadee excursions. 

Thanks, I thought the Nellie's beach ones were for everyone. I guess ill try to get on early and go straight to the desk.

Occasionally they will be available for rent online via the Cruise Planner but most times it's suites only.

Just to clarify based on my understanding...

Barefoot Beach is the suite (gold card) area that has cabanas available for suite guests that are arranged by the Concierge.

Nellie's Beach is a public area and has cabanas that are currently only available by going to the shore excursions (Explorations!) desk onboard. They used to be available for booking online in advance, but that stopped a year ago.

Note: It is actually possible for a non-suite guest to get a Barefoot Beach cabana if one asks nicely and is lucky enough to have availability. You can ask the Concierge to be added to a waiting list. Technically, available cabanas at Barefoot Beach are offered in order of Crown & Anchor status, but I don't know whether that is actually followed in practice.

Yes. The ships concierge (the big ships have 2 concierges) will contact you about 2 weeks before your cruise to start helping you prepare for your cruise. Included in that preparation he or she will ask if you want cabana reservations. If you say yes he will ask you which one you want and the cost will be charged to your seapass account. This is the only time that I know of where you don't have to pay up front for a reservation that involves a charge. He will also do any other reservations that you need.

What ship are you on and when are you sailing ?

We are staying in a suite and I'm still trying to figure out how to do book one.  It's not available online and when we called the concierge, they were confused as to why we were even calling them.  Any suggestions?

You should contact concierge about 30 days before your cruise.  

Which ship are you on?

The email address for Concierge #1 on the Oasis would be OA_Concierge01@rccl.com. When I contacted the concierge for the Allure regarding our blog group cruise in Feb. 16 I was told to email him (Dexter Fraser) 2 weeks prior to the cruise regarding our request for a cabana (we will have 3 cabanas, total) so I assume that the same process is what they use on the Oasis. The concierge on the Freedom was FR_Concierge@rccl so that same naming convention must be the way it works for all of them...it's just that on the big ships apparently they have more than 1 concierge, therefore the 01, 02 after the word "concierge".

Anyway it is worth a try to send him/her an email now to make sure that you have the address correct and you will also get a name to go with it...then you will be ready when the time actually comes !!!

I completely agree with you (and Matt). The planning is almost as much fun as the cruise itself. It keeps you energized and involved. That is even more important when you have a group going. I publish a monthly newsletter to my group and they all LOVE it.