Online check in confusion!

I tried to check in online a moment ago but I got quite confused about what to do. It was asking for passengers address and email then phone number. If the info given is different to when we booked they can apparently refuse boarding onto the ship.

Do I have to enter the address etc for both myself and my husband?

Can they refuse boarding if the details are different?

Can our travel agent do the check in over the phone?

Any advice or suggestions regarding online check in greatly welcomed. Thanks

I think it is really only a problem if you booked using a resident-only special (e.g., open to say California residents only).  If you booked a regular fare, you should be fine.

I'd verify with your TA, though, just to ensure everything is okay with the reservation.  For what it's worth, I haven't heard anyone being denied boarding although I have heard of issues when one hasn't been able to verify residency for a resident-only rate, which usually resulted in paying the difference in fare.

No, they will not refuse you for a paperwork inconsistency like that. They will get you all straightened out at the port if not before. It might cost you a little extra time checking in but they will help you. Trust me, they do NOT want to deny you boarding ! They will go to extraordinary measures to get you onboard ! Probably the only thing that can really cost you dearly is if you don't bring proper identification docs (passports, etc)

As Doc said, they might have to deny you specific discounts if you claimed a discount that you cannot validate (military, first responder or state discount) but not for just data inconsistency.

Having said all of this, I would call the RCCL customer service and ask them for help getting whatever glitch you have, worked out. Better to avoid unnecessary delays wherever you can.

I had erroneously assigned myself as being responsible for the sea pass account when I did our most recent online checkin and could NOT get it changed to show my husbands name as being responsible and even the customer service lady could not fix it for me. We finally just had to go with it but when we got to the port and were checking in they simply don't care whose name is on the online checkin....they just wanted a credit card and once he slapped his down on the counter, they were happy !

So I'm not sure the online checkin is really all that important in the long run. It definitely won't be enough for them to deny you boarding.

Relax...

They have implemented this a month ago needing emails and cell phones for emergencies for any last minute changes

They have had big issues getting a hold of clients directly to tell them of changes like ship is late, or cancelled so

they are asking for some kind of communication for these things now and its required that TA provide

this for their clients if the client does not

All residency items or military discounts etc are supposed to be verified at the pier

and you can make changes at the pier if you input the wrong information

As a TA I do online check in a lot for clients and just put one address and contact for

all parties so I think it will be fine, cause they can make changes at the pier.