Cruise Fare Adjustments?

Just curious, how receptive is Royal Caribbean regarding cruise fare adjustments? Do they adjust your balance? Give you on board credit?

When is it worth calling them? $100+? How often will they make adjustments when the fare goes down?

Looks like the rate for our 9/18/16 Allure cruise went down a little (less than $100 in total... not a big deal)... just curious... we wouldn't want to cancel/re-book if possible since we selected a nice ocean balcony room on one of the "bump-outs" with the slightly larger/deeper balcony.

Thanks in advance!

Getting a price adjustment doesn't require canceling and rebooking. You should be able to call and get the new price applied to your booking. Note that you can only do this as long as you are before your final payment date.

However, if you had any promotions that went with the original price, you might lose them in the process if they're not currently being offered.

It's worth giving them a call and asking.

Thank you for all of your responses!

I'll have to wait until the dust settles with my RC gift certificate nightmare before I look into any adjustments on my 9/18/16 Allure cruise... I may have to cancel and re-book in order to use the GC's... thankfully, that cruise is next year and I haven't ordered anything beyond the deposit, etc., to date.

I've never had to cancel/rebook a cruise to take advantage of a fare reduction....and I've never lost any incentives that were in affect when I originally purchased the cruise. They just adjust the price and that's that. If you change the cruise itself, that's a different story...but just taking advantage of a published fare reduction should not be any problem at all.

Marc is right though...you can only adjust prior to final payment. I have learned, over the years, to NEVER pay a cruise balance off until the very end. A number of things are terminated once a cruise is paid in full including the ability to purchase cruise insurance, if you are so inclined. There is no advantage to paying early...only loss of options.

Thanks all!

Very easy... took only 10 minutes since I booked online (shhh... called while I was at work!)... that little adjustment will help with the airfare!

They adjusted the rate and immediately sent me the revised booking confirmation pdf doc (adjustment of course is immediately visible online too).