Best Junior Suite on Freedom?

FloatMe

DEFINITELY fantail (aft) room if you can get it. The balconies are huge compared to regular balconies and you get lounge chairs in addition to the table and chairs on a regular balcony. Very private (usually) and lots of ocean view...if you don't mind seeing where you have just been (looking out the back !).

These rooms are generally the first to go. BTW, there are also regularly priced balcony rooms (range from D1 - E2 ?? (not sure about that) depending upon the ship) on the fantail too. These are the best bargains on the ship with the exception of the family ocean view rooms when you can snag one for 2 people or the accessible rooms if they go out to general inventory.

I will say that these fantail rooms require a bit of a hike. If you don't like to walk or cannot walk easily, these may not be the rooms for you but if you don't mind the walk to the fantail rooms are the best IMO.

DEFINITELY fantail (aft) room if you can get it. The balconies are huge compared to regular balconies and you get lounge chairs in addition to the table and chairs on a regular balcony. Very private (usually) and lots of ocean view...if you don't mind seeing where you have just been (looking out the back !).These rooms are generally the first to go. BTW, there are also regularly priced balcony rooms (range from D1 - E2 ?? (not sure about that) depending upon the ship) on the fantail too. These are the best bargains on the ship with the exception of the family ocean view rooms when you can snag one for 2 people or the accessible rooms if they go out to general inventory.I will say that these fantail rooms require a bit of a hike. If you don't like to walk or cannot walk easily, these may not be the rooms for you but if you don't mind the walk to the fantail rooms are the best IMO.

Thanks, we have stayed in aft cabins as well and loved it. But we also enjoy being on the side of the ship, being alittle more part of the action. Both were available and we went with 9638 on the hump. Good day when that was the most difficult decision I have had to make!

The obstruction is some ship superstructure (flat beams) that extends beyond and behind the balconies. I do not find these beams to be a problem at all. Granted, there is not a completely 100% unobstructed view out the aft of the ship like there is on the Vision or Radiance classes, but it is not enough of an issue to make it a problem for me. The huge balconies and lounge chairs more than make up for any partial view obstruction, IMO.

It just depend upon what your priority is. If you want the big balcony then I believe you will enjoy this room even with the partial obstruction. If you're looking for a 100% unobstructed ocean view then this might be more interference with that than you would want.

I've noticed the Obstructed View notation on the deck plans but in looking at photos I could not tell what the obstruction was. Can anyone provide details? I wanted to book an aft Junior Suite on Explorer of the Seas but did not because of the Obstructed View notation.

Here is a picture from our aft cabin on adventure which is next door to the jr. Suite

post-480-0-90416500-1429715445_thumb.jpg

I've noticed the Obstructed View notation on the deck plans but in looking at photos I could not tell what the obstruction was. Can anyone provide details? I wanted to book an aft Junior Suite on Explorer of the Seas but did not because of the Obstructed View notation.

We loved this cabin. Watching the wake of the ship on sea days from your balcony is wonderful. Additionally on voyager class ships the balcony is twice as deep. Yes twice!