MyTime Dining on Mediterranean cruise

Mljstr

Could anyone tell me what would be the ideal time to reserve MyTime Dining for our Mediterranean cruise in October. This includes ports in Italy, Spain and France and I would like to take advantage of our time in port and not be too rushed to dress for dinner. I understand Europeans eat later than Americans normally do. Is this true onboard also?

We always book MTD but on our upcoming Mediterranean cruise we only had the option of late seating (8:30). Since we'll often be in port until 7, we figure this will work out fine and for those days we're just not up to it, we'll hit the Windjammer. From everything I've read, Europeans usually partake in a "happy hour" of sorts from 6-8 and dinner is often not until 9 or 10. As a side note, my TA put in a request for a table for 2. This has never been something we've had to consider in the past but with traditional dining you may be sat with a group of strangers if you don't make the request.

I would go with the 8:30 time frame, as @41m33 says, disembarkation from the Med ports are usually a little later because the ship doesn't have to go very far, when we were on the Harmony in 2016 we did 5 nights of specialty dinners and only 2 night in the MDR, but we usually tried to eat around the 8-8:30 time frame, this gives you time to get on board, relax, clean up and still have an easy stroll to dinner.

If you want to make it to any of the shows on board that might throw a wrench in, but the shows are usually 50-60 minutes, which gives you time to go before or after possibly.

If you are on an Oasis class ship and in a suite, you also have the Coastal Kitchen to eat at.