Air2sea- flight changed

I decided to check my seats on the flights I purchased last February for our cruise in October. The rates were super good at that time -San Antonio to and from Rome with just 1 stop in Atlanta both ways  This morning I saw that itinerary was replaced with flight from Rome to JFK to Atlanta to San Antonio with only 30 minutes between flights in Atlanta and big red flags warning I could miss my connection. Well, Duh!! I called Air2sea and they have turned it over to another department. My question to them was will I have to pay any additional amount for the only comparable flight which goes Rome to JFK to San Antonio and is $200.00 more pp. The agent didn’t know but I should call back in 3 days. Do you have experience or knowledge about this situation?  

Call back now and ask to speak with a Supervisor.You are entitled to a direct answer from someone who is knowledgeable and not just a brush off especially when yor flight has changed.  Were you notified of this change ? If not, you should be offered the opportunity to change flights without penalty as your original flight had one connection and not two which also increases your total flight time.  TOTALLY unacceptable!! 

Princevaliantus- That’s what I thought!  No I didn’t receive any notice from anyone-RCCL or Delta. I guess I would have been blindsided if I hadn’t checked my seats today. I agree they should rebook me on a comparable flight-1 plane change. That’s why I chose the original flight. I can’t imagine why they would book me on the flight to JFK and then send us to Atlanta to get a connection they warn us  that we won’t make instead of the direct flight to San Antonio unless they’re trying to save money. If I don’t get an acceptable answer when I call back, I will certainly follow your advice. Thanks. 

This is the one thing that is really negative about the Air2Sea plan. That they can completely get away with this kind of treatment. Read all the fine print. Sure, any airline can screw you around but generally compensate you and inform you. I'm searching non-stops and one stops for our trip directly. Some of the options have so many stops and such long total time to target, that the chances of a mishap grow exponentially. Think how the chances of lost luggage changes.

I read the terms and conditions but don’t find anything that says they can rebook me without notification at their discretion. Granted my original flight into Atlanta is not an option but I wasn’t told and wasn’t asked my preference for the rebooking. This itinerary they have me on isn’t even a choice because it’s impossible to make that connection. I just don’t understand why unless the direct flight is more expensive than this ridiculous impossible connection. We have only used Air2sea one other time for a transatlantic cruise and it gave me some peace of mind but this is a nightmare!

15 minutes ago, Mljstr said:

This itinerary they have me on isn’t even a choice because it’s impossible to make that connection.

Having gone through Atlanta alot on business, there is no way you will make it. Also airports have a specific amount of time that they call (minimum connecting time) and I can assure you Atlanta Hartsfield is 60 minutes not 30 if I'm not mistaken.  I would talk to a supervisor for sure.

Just now, Boston Babe said:

Having gone through Atlanta alot on business, there is no way you will make it. Also airports have a specific amount of time that they call (minimum connecting time) and I can assure you Atlanta Hartsfield is 60 minutes not 30 if I'm not mistaken.  I would talk to a supervisor for sure.

I'm a million miler on Delta so I've seen ATL way too many times ?  Actually it's a very efficient airport and super easy to get between gates.  I can't count the number of 45 minute connections I've made there (and so did my checked bags).  Having said that 30 minutes is too tight.  I've ended up with 30 minute connections when my originating flight was delayed (and I made them) but it's not something I'd choose to do. 

Somewhere in your Air2Sea booking is the Delta record locator.  With that you can contact Delta directly and sign up for flight notifications so you will be notified by Delta if there are any more flight changes. 

Here is a typical email update they send out when schedule changes occur:

2136340120_DLFlightChanges.jpg.a9b6e14459b835855f2295da34fb1e1f.jpg

Okay I have to say”Mea cupa, mea cupa, mea maxima cupa. “  Just got an email from Air2sea informing me we are confirmed on flight Rome to JFK and JFK to San Antonio no extra charge. I’m satisfied with this resolution!   Maybe a bot made the screwy connection. 

2 minutes ago, Mljstr said:

Okay I have to say”Mea cupa, mea cupa, mea maxima cupa. “  Just got an email from Air2sea informing me we are confirmed on flight Rome to JFK and JFK to San Antonio no extra charge. I’m satisfied with this resolution!   Maybe a bot made the screwy connection. 

It's actually "Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa, Mea Maxima Culpa". Latin was one of my majors in college.  ?