Boarding times

I will be going on Harmony of the sea next month.  When I did my online checkin the earliest time was 12:30.  I really wanted to get on the ship sooner.  On the video blog “things I wish I knew before my cruise” Matt said the time was not enforced.  However, he said something about the “email that you get will tell you when to come”.  This is printed boldly on the boarding pass.  Can someone confirm that arriving earlier than the printed boarding pass time is just fine?

Confirmed - not enforced.  If you arrive at the terminal shortly after 10am you may have to wait until boarding commences.  Boarding, when it does start, will see consecutive cruisers board first along with wedding parties, then suites and Pinnacle guests.  Boarding continues down through the Crown and Anchor tiers, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald, Platinum, Gold, pre-Gold. 

If you don't mind sitting while they run through those tiers until they reach your level, you can go prior to your 12:30 "appointment".

Actual boarding starts when US customs clears the ship and/or if Coast Guard has routine inspections that day, once those complete..  It's out of Royal's hands - they want to start as soon as we all do since it's a huge task to 'turn' a ship's population but they have to respect the government and we as guests have to as well. 

Thanks for checking out our YouTube videos!

As others noted, the boarding time (despite the font size and boldness) is a suggestion and not a requirement.  No one will bat an eye if you show up at a different time.