Guarantee Suite

Hi, I'm a fairly new cruiser.  Went on Anthem last month and enjoyed it enough to book my family for Harmony in March 2019. We tried to book the 2BR Aquatheater suite and were offered a guarantee for it.  I'm wondering if anyone has done this before and how long before they actually get a room assignment and if they were happy with it?  I'm a planner and I have 2 little kids so uncertainty drives me nuts lol.

13 minutes ago, mirrorkat said:

Hi, I'm a fairly new cruiser.  Went on Anthem last month and enjoyed it enough to book my family for Harmony in March 2019. We tried to book the 2BR Aquatheater suite and were offered a guarantee for it.  I'm wondering if anyone has done this before and how long before they actually get a room assignment and if they were happy with it?  I'm a planner and I have 2 little kids so uncertainty drives me nuts lol.

Welcome to the boards!  You wouldn't by any chance be on the March 10, 2019 sailing would you?

42 minutes ago, mirrorkat said:

Thank you and yes, we are on March 10.  Seems so far away though....

Funny story to this....here goes...

I am on that sailing too!  First time trying star class.  Beyond excited!  I booked that ATS guarantee at the end of January.  Same concerns.  Here's the thread here about it my initial concerns:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2593295

Anyway, in the end, I upgrade to a Star Loft instead and reported this on the CC roll call for this sailing.  Someone from the roll call saw my post and grabbed the ATS-GTY as soon as I let it go.  The Type A in her also let it go recently because a Deck 8 ATS appeared so she upgraded her family.  That left the GTY open again for a bit but I noticed it disappeared about a week and a half to two weeks ago.  I'm guessing that's when you grabbed it.

If you read the thread above, it explains it really well in that the worst you could get is an ATS on Deck 10.  That is still an amazing room!  I would not worry about it too much.  But I get how that can bother you because I don't deal well with GTY rooms myself.  I have never booked one until I grabbed that ATS GTY.  And the price for 4 people was a really good deal in that room for Star class.  I only let it go because my husband and I decided we wanted to try the loft suites for once.  But travelling with 2 girls myself, I am not sure if made a  mistake by letting go of the two separate bedrooms.  

Make sure you join the roll call over on CC for this sailing.  It is already quite active and there's also a FB page already (search Harmony of the Seas March 10, 2019).  Set up by the person who let that suite go after I did.  :12_slight_smile:

Wow, thanks so much for the back story.  Yes, that was us who booked two weeks ago.  So neat to meet someone else on the same sailing!

This will also be my first time trying star class (I had a balcony for my first cruise) and I just can't wait.  We are new to cruising so we are still trying to figure things out.  I need to get on cruisecritic and all the other groups.  I have to admit I'm afraid we will never go back after trying star class.  

It definitely helps to know that whatever room I end up with will be an incredible room.  Now that I've read the other thread, deck 17 sounds very appealing to me!  We considered a loft before too but decided to invite my parents along so we will need some kind of separation.  

33 minutes ago, mirrorkat said:

decided to invite my parents along so we will need some kind of separation.  

Yes, then definitely the ATS for sure! 

34 minutes ago, mirrorkat said:

We are new to cruising so we are still trying to figure things out.  I need to get on cruisecritic and all the other groups. 

You have found a great community to help you out with any questions.  There are a few regulars here who have done Star class and are quite knowledgeable about it.  Everyone is so nice here.  And there are tons of people here who will be able to answer any cruising questions you have.  CC is hit and miss.  I read threads over there and I'm on the roll calls for my sailings.  Same with FB.  I use it mainly for the sailing groups.  

38 minutes ago, mirrorkat said:

I have to admit I'm afraid we will never go back after trying star class.  

I'm also afraid there is truth to this.  We have done pretty much everything from interior to suites but never Star class or Deck 17.  It is hard to give up suite benefits...no clue how I'm going back after next March.  I met someone on Anthem last month who tried SC for the first time and they already have their next one booked.  First world problems.  I know.

Which Anthem sailing were you on last month?

41 minutes ago, mirrorkat said:

It definitely helps to know that whatever room I end up with will be an incredible room.  

@WAAAYTOOO has done type of room many times.  She can provided specific info when you are ready to ask those.  @CGTLH has also been in this type of room too.

42 minutes ago, mirrorkat said:

This will also be my first time trying star class (I had a balcony for my first cruise) and I just can't wait. 

There was a similar thread a few days ago and some good info was provided.  Here's the link:

And here are a few more from the past about SC:

And here are links to live blogs that @WAAAYTOOO has done/is doing while staying in that type of suite:

She's doing this one right now:

Happy reading!

Oh wow, thank you so much you are amazing!!!   Such good reading material here for tonight after I put my kids to bed :3_grin:

We were on March 17 Anthem to Bahamas.  We live in NJ and since it was our first, this was most convenient for us.  We had a great time but wished the first 2 and last 2 days were warmer...so that's why we decided to fly out to FL next year.  

5 minutes ago, mirrorkat said:

Oh wow, thank you so much you are amazing!!!   Such good reading material here for tonight after I put my kids to bed :3_grin:

We were on March 17 Anthem to Bahamas.  We live in NJ and since it was our first, this was most convenient for us.  We had a great time but wished the first 2 and last 2 days were warmer...so that's why we decided to fly out to FL next year.  

We were on that Anthem sailing just before you.  We live in Ontario so we fly regardless.  We wanted to try Anthem too but I totally agree, the first 2 and last 2 days were not warm enough for our liking.  It's Florida from now on if we sail in March.