aquatheater 2 bedroom question

Gregp

So I booked  a large family balcony for my family, 2 adults 3 kids 7,9,10 on the Harmony of the Seas this summer. Now my inlaws want to join and are looking at getting a two bedroom aqua theater suite for us all. The question, is there enough room?

Has anyone stayed in, or does anyone have a photo / video of the aquatheater two bedroom suite with the pullman beds in the down position? It looks pretty tight, but its hard to tell without seeing them down.

Thanks for your help,

I have never stayed in one but have looked into them a lot.  I did book one and then let it go for a Star Loft instead.  Anyway,  the 2BDR ATS can technically hold 8 people max.  That would be tight though.  2 in the master, 4 in the other room, 2 on the couch in the living area.  There are many youtube videos online and you can pretty much picture it with the pullmans down, that 2nd bedroom would be a tight squeeze but your kids are not that old so it might be ok.  Just google "2 bedroom aqua theater suite harmony of the seas". Hope that helps.  @WAAAYTOOO can probably give the best insight because she has been in one of these 3 time

I had one booked also, changed for the same reason @Sabrinaklai did, but we were facing the same issue, the second bedroom was going to be tight, so we opted to get the balcony suite directly next to the 2BDR ATS, planning on having the balcony partition removed to make easier access between the 2 rooms.

But as I've said, we cancelled, so did not live it, we had some friends that had the sweet and loved it, but it was 2 adults and 2 kids, so diesn't really fit your requirements.

For 5 people I think the 2 BR ATS would be a great option.  2 more adults ?  Hmmm....probably not unless your in-laws are willing to have kids sleeping over their heads.  The second bedroom is not large.  There is plenty of storage space.  That would not be a problem, but the sleeping arrangements would be awkward.  Of course, your in-laws might be more comfortable on the fold-out bed in the LR than in the small second bedroom, but that presents problems too.  The living space is huge.  It's the sleeping arrangements that would concern me.

Just an observation.  The ATS on Deck 8 is WAAAY bigger than the one on Deck 9.  I have not been inside of one on Deck 10 but I would expect it to be even smaller than Deck 9.  If you are going to try and get 7 people in 1 of these suites I would not even consider it unless it is ATS A1 on Deck 8.

I like Tiny's idea of having the balcony room adjoining the ATS but then you have the problem of one set of adults not being Star Class and there are serious issues with that if everyone wants to stay together for meals and entertainment AND boarding and disembarking.

What is the chance of getting your inlaws an adjoining balcony to your Family balcony ?  

2 hours ago, Gregp said:

The in laws would take the big bedroom, they're paying. My wife, me, and two kids would be in bedroom two, and another kid out on the couch. The cruise is fairly booked up and all the connecting rooms are taken. 

Oh, now it makes more sense lol....

Actually, there is a blog, I'll post the link where this was the case.  A family went with their in laws, I think they may even have had 8 with them, 6 adults, 2 kids.  It was on Allure but you can read about it...they had a baby though, not older kids..and they were on deck 8 as @WAAAYTOOO suggested. In my prior research, those rooms get smaller as you get higher to in sq.footage.  It's not just the balcony that shrinks.

https://parksinparadise.com/cruising/allure-of-the-seas-star-class-review/

https://parksinparadise.com/cruising/allure-of-the-seas-2-bedroom-aqua-theater-suite-cabin-review/

2 hours ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Oh, now it makes more sense lol....

Actually, there is a blog, I'll post the link where this was the case.  A family went with their in laws, I think they may even have had 8 with them, 6 adults, 2 kids.  It was on Allure but you can read about it...they had a baby though, not older kids..and they were on deck 8 as @WAAAYTOOO suggested. In my prior research, those rooms get smaller as you get higher to in sq.footage.  It's not just the balcony that shrinks.

https://parksinparadise.com/cruising/allure-of-the-seas-star-class-review/

Just read the article, really well written, appreciate the share...

1 minute ago, Sabrinaklai said:

She had a separate review for the cabin itself.  I forgot to attach the link earlier.  Just remembered now.  I attached it to the previous post if you wanted to read.

I saw it on her web page, did a speed read through it, but thanks. Also had a review for cruising with a toddler...

Thanks for all your help! We're going to make it work. In laws in the master, and the 5 of us will be everywhere else... We're looking forward to the room, and all extras included. I do have one quick question regarding service etc. Is it possible to get a nice bottle of scotch for the cabin? I've seen beer, wine, but etc.... Thought I'd ask. 

Thanks!

Since this is Star class, I'm going to have to give you, anything is possible...

But the normal answer is that you have to buy it through Royal Caribbean gifts and it will be delivered to your room, like any other gift.

They do it that way because, besides the bottles of wine you are allowed to carry on, all other purchased liquor is held until the last day of the cruise and then returned to the owner.

1 hour ago, Gregp said:

Thanks for all your help! We're going to make it work. In laws in the master, and the 5 of us will be everywhere else... We're looking forward to the room, and all extras included. I do have one quick question regarding service etc. Is it possible to get a nice bottle of scotch for the cabin? I've seen beer, wine, but etc.... Thought I'd ask. 

Thanks!

Again...pinging @WAAAYTOOO on this one because she's the expert here.  I do remember reading a while ago that even the Genie tries not to bring bottle of liquor into the rooms.  But then again, it's Star Class, so ask away.  That's the mindset I'm going with next March! 

Both Tiny and Sabrina are right.  The answer you will get is "no".  But if you are persistent and are willing to pay a really REALLY lot of money for this bottle, in the end, the answer will probably be "ok".

I think this is one of the dumber rules for Star Class, to be honest.  They are going to serve you all of the by-the-glass drinks you could ever want, but they don't want to bring you a bottle so that you can save them the trouble.  Makes no sense.

As I discussed in the post-cruise blog referenced above, my peckerhead friends up in the SLS finally did get their bottles (at least I think they did) but they paid dearly for them...as I recall the price was well over $100 per bottle, maybe more but it was after being told "no" about 3 times.

They really do go out of their way to give you almost anything you ask for.  It will really depend on your Genie and how willing they are to oblige.  With children in the suite they may be even more hesitant. It's really just going to depend on the individual circumstance.

BTW, Dan is a single malt scotch drinker and he would love, love, love to have a good bottle of Lagavulin in the room but he's never pushed for it so we've never had it.  They will bring you all of the beer you want.  They will bring you all of the wine you want to buy but they will not bring hard liquor by the bottle without a fight.

13 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Both Tiny and Sabrina are right.  The answer you will get is "no".  But if you are persistent and are willing to pay a really REALLY lot of money for this bottle, in the end, the answer will probably be "ok".

I think this is one of the dumber rules for Star Class, to be honest.  They are going to serve you all of the by-the-glass drinks you could ever want, but they don't want to bring you a bottle so that you can save them the trouble.  Makes no sense.

As I discussed in the post-cruise blog referenced above, my peckerhead friends up in the SLS finally did get their bottles (at least I think they did) but they paid dearly for them...as I recall the price was well over $100 per bottle, maybe more but it was after being told "no" about 3 times.

They really do go out of their way to give you almost anything you ask for.  It will really depend on your Genie and how willing they are to oblige.  With children in the suite they may be even more hesitant. It's really just going to depend on the individual circumstance.

BTW, Dan is a single malt scotch drinker and he would love, love, love to have a good bottle of Lagavulin in the room but he's never pushed for it so we've never had it.  They will bring you all of the beer you want.  They will bring you all of the wine you want to buy but they will not bring hard liquor by the bottle without a fight.

I go back to the Royal Gifts, I was going to shoot you a link but the web page is not cooperating (Surprise, surprise), the show a picture of Johnny Walker Red on the main page, but you can't link to it. I finely got it to link to a bottle of Gin with 4 cans of tonic water ($50), so like @WAAAYTOOO says, you can probably get it, but are you willing to pay?