El Cid

Mike S

I don't think it compares very well.  Their beach is very small, and rocky.  You can swim in the beach, but it's nothing special.  Certainly Nachi's beach is superior overall.

As I recall, El Cid has a food and beverage credit (as opposed to being all inclusive).  That may or many not be a problem for you.

The best thing about El Cid is it's SUPER close to the ship.  Literally next door to the terminal area. No taxis required.

I went there and negotiated with front desk for a simple day pass for a few hours as a place to hang out until our plans for the rest of the day opened up. Here's a look at it: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/11/28/brilliance-of-the-seas-live-blog-day-3-cozumel

If you're looking for an all-inclusive within walking distance of the ship, try Park Royal.  I honestly cannot recall how much it cost, but we got a day pass and it included all food and drinks.  The property is very nice.  As for the beach, I'm not much of a beach swimmer so I can't recall.  I think it was fine.  I still prefer either Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocom but Park Royal is not a bad option if you want to stay close.

19 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

If you're looking for an all-inclusive within walking distance of the ship, try Park Royal.  I honestly cannot recall how much it cost, but we got a day pass and it included all food and drinks.  The property is very nice.  As for the beach, I'm not much of a beach swimmer so I can't recall.  I think it was fine.  I still prefer either Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocom but Park Royal is not a bad option if you want to stay close.

I've seen it many times as we drive by.  It's across the street, and maybe a half block further than El Cid.  

I thought about booking there, but wasn't sure about the beach situation.  Thanks for the info, Raye!