Has this happened to anyone?

LoveCruzing

Has this happened to anyone?  I just booked a cruise via phone call to RCCL for a great price in November.  The RCCL web site clearly states for the price shown that I could pick my stateroom.  Nowhere did the web site state that the rate was for a “they pick the stateroom”.  After I called,  they wouldn’t honor the rate and want me to pay more to select stateroom.  Clearly, bait and switch.

I’ll probably end up in a horrible location with an obstructed view.

Sorry to hear about your confusion. It sounds like you thought you were booking a regular room, but you were in fact getting a guarantee room.

Couple bits of advice I can offer. First, a guarantee room is not bad option. I've done it many times with good results.  Also, once they assign you a room, you can move to another room in the same category if there are any others available.

Second, use a travel agent instead of calling direct. A travel agent can help mitigate miscommunication from RC, and generally make your life easier.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Sorry to hear about your confusion. It sounds like you thought you were booking a regular room, but you were in fact getting a guarantee room.

Couple bits of advice I can offer. First, a guarantee room is not bad option. I've done it many times with good results.  Also, once they assign you a room, you can move to another room in the same category if there are any others available.

Second, use a travel agent instead of calling direct. A travel agent can help mitigate miscommunication from RC, and generally make your life easier.

I wholeheartedly agree!! I've also have received great cabins, and even ended up with great balcony cabins with a guarantee room.

I didn't have the exact same price but when I was trying to book my cabin. The price was listed as one thing but every time I tried to reserve it (with any site) it wouldn't go through and my local TA was like 1.5x the price ?? so I tried to call RCL and they had no idea what was going on. Now comes the next day the price went up $50 pp and now I was screwed by the good old RC IT department. I would agree with a good TA (need to still find one who accepts me lol).